Chapter 34 ~ Everything Ruined?

Elena's POV

I haven't spoke to Tyler since the fight. He never answers my calls or texts, and when I see him in the halls at school, he pretends I'm not even there. Speak of the devil, there he is now.

"Tyler!" I yell across the hall, my voice echoing.

He sees me and starts heading the way he just came in. Why is he avoiding me? I didn't even do anything.

"Tyler!" I say again, grabbing his arm once I catch up to him. He looks down at my hand holding onto his arm. "What's up?" I ask, releasing my grip just a little.

"The sky" he replies. Here comes the sarcasm.

"I said no to him. I told you that." I let it slip. There's no way I can take this anymore.

He grunts in response. "What did I do? How can I make it better?" I whisper to him.

"Elena, not now," he says, ripping my arm off of his and walking away.

Ugh, I keep on trying! Why won't he just let me in?

---

"So have you talked to him yet?" Jess asks.

"Nope."

"He'll come around," she answers.

"You don't know that. We haven't seen the bad boy side of him until now. Who knows how long this will last?"

"Good point."

"You're no help!" I snap at her.

"Just give him time." she answers, stuffing my fries in her face.

"Yeah, I guess."

---

History class can't be more boring. What is the point of this anyway? I'm going to forget it all by tomorrow. Why do I have to learn it? You say it, but it goes right through my head. You know why? Because this is useless material! Our teacher walked across the room, handing out a worksheet.

After class, I hand in my worksheet. "Have a great rest of the day, class!" my teacher exclaims while everyone tries to rush out of her class.

Elena: Dad's picking me up today, so you can leave without me :)

I text Lex to inform her that I already have a ride home. There's a lot of incoming traffic due to everyone trying to get to their lockers. These people have no respect. They think they can just push their way through? Let me tell you, this is different from your birth! You can't just push your way through a crowd! Be patient!

Getting to my locker takes a good five minutes out of my day. I put the textbooks I have no use for tonight in my locker so my bag won't be heavy. Once I close the locker, I see Nate's face. I gasp.

"Jesus Christ, Nate! You have got to stop doing that!" I smack his arm.

He leans on a nearby locker and laughs. "What do you want now?" I ask impatiently.

"Well, do you want to grab dinner tonight?" he asks bluntly, rubbing my arm up and down.

"W-what?" I ask, flinching from his touch.

"Dinner tonight? You and me?" he clarifies, grabbing my hand and pulling me close to him.

Suddenly, I hear a locker door slam shut. This makes me jump. Nate takes advantage of that by kissing me. I open my eyes wide when I feel his lips on mine. My eyes shift over to the boy who slammed the locker. Tyler.

"Mm, let me go!" I push Nate away.

I look over to where Tyler was standing. He is gone.

"What have you done?" I shout at Nate.

---

A/N: Guys! What did you think about Nate kissing her? And why hasn't Tyler's mood change? Did Nate just ruin everything for Tyler and Elena? Find out in the next chapter! Thanks! Love you guys <3