Chapter 12 ~ Stealing Hearts and Fries

Elena's POV

After what happened this morning, I cannot focus on anything but Tyler. Everything is Tyler, Tyler, Tyler. What this boy is doing to me is highly dangerous. It's like playing with fire, only my heart is on the line instead.

"Ms. Hawkins, please get out a pencil for the test." My teacher says, practically giving out her death glare, considering I'm restricting the class from taking the test. Trust me, they're mentally telling me to take my time.

"Yes, ma'am." I give in because her glare is becoming way too hard to handle, and I'm not going to fail this test.

Ms. Brittany finally passes out the History test I have been dreading. But hey, I studied! I look at the first question. Unbelievable. What the damn hell is this? Did I study the wrong chapter? Oh my gosh. I did, didn't I? I spent so much time with Tyler, I didn't even pay attention to what I learned.

"Uhm.. class? Please hand your tests forward. I passed out the wrong one." Ha! See, if you weren't too busy nagging me, we wouldn't have had this problem now, would we?

Thank God! She made me think I studied the wrong material. Please. I'm not that stupid.

Once we get our new tests, I skim through it. Wow, I did remember all the stuff I studied. I just need to answer these short answer questions now. I hate short answers. Where's my multiple choice?

Okay, "Which president..."

How the hell am I supposed to know? Screw it. I'm going to guess.

~*~

After history, I have lunch. In the cafeteria, I head to my table to sit down with my friends. Today's lunch is hamburger with fries. I hate hamburgers. Ew, nope. I just want the fries. Suddenly, I hear the deep laughter I am so familiar with. Tyler. My eyes go straight to him. He's approaching our table.

Oh no, not this again.

I sit in my spot quickly, before he can intrude again. Ha! Where are you gonna sit now? Hm? Nowhere! That's right.

"Hey, Cutie."

"Hi." I reply to him with a smile on my face, because now he can't take my seat.

"This morning was really fun." He says as he scratches the back of his neck, looking down at his feet.

"Yeah, that was fun." I'm blushing again, really?

He starts walking towards me again and then plops down right next to me. What the hell? He's gonna sit here? Damn it! The seat next to you, stupid! You were too busy blushing to remember the open seat next to you.

"So, are you excited for after school?" he asks ever-so-loudly.

I haven't told either Jess or Lex about our little hang out yet. Now, he blew it. I look over to my two friends who are giving me the 'you are telling us every little detail later' look.

"Yeah," I whisper back to him.

Jess was looking elsewhere when I see her fries are freely open for anyone to take. Tyler is sitting so close to me, I can feel our legs touching. I tap him lightly and gestured towards Jess' plate. We both smirk at each other.

"On three" I mouth to him.

One. Two. Three. I gesture with my fingers.

At the same time, we both stick our hands out and grab her fries, stuffing them in our mouths before she can turn back. We start laughing so hard that it catches Jess' attention.

"Where'd my fries go!" She exclaims.

Tyler and I make no contact with her. Then, I feel Tyler's arms wrap around my waist. My breath hitches. What is he doing? Are we back to this awkward touching again?

"We took them." He answers, proudly.

"Well, give them back!" she scolds us.

"We sort of ate them," I say, trying to hold in my laughter.

His arm is still around my waist. Why? We are sitting unbelievably close right now. This boy. I feel the heat rush up to my cheeks again, and I look away from Tyler.

"You're cute when you blush." He tightens his hold on me.

Oh, Jesus. He saw me? Way to be sly, Elena. You would make a horrible spy.

"Cutie." He whispers in my ear.

I look at him as a way of answering him. There are no words in my vocabulary right now. Absolutely no words. I have zero game right now.

"After football practice, you want to grab a bite to eat?" He's still whispering so Lex and Jess won't hear.

"I would love to," I breathe into his ear.

~*~

A/N: Hey lovely readers! Did Tyler just ask Elena out? GASP! No, haha, when he does ask her out it will be much more romantic. ;) How did you guys like this chapter? Thank you for reading! Love you guys! Please vote, comment, and share! <3