Chapter 11 ~ Thinking 'Bout You

Elena's POV

Today, after school, I'm hanging out with Tyler. I'm so excited! What should I wear? Something casual, right? Because we're just playing football, right? Yeah, I'm just gonna wear shorts and a halter top.

"Elena, time for school!" Mom shouts from downstairs.

"Coming, mom!" I yell back.

Before getting into my dad's car, my mom gives me a strawberry smoothie. I haven't had one of her smoothies in a while, so I really savored this one.

I can't take my mind off of Tyler; I'm so happy! I just have to get through school. Today I had to take my History test. Ew.

My dad parks in front of the Tables and all I want to do is jump out and hug Tyler. But, you can't do that Elena. It's going to be too obvious and you have to give the man some space. Do not be like Vickie! Did you hear that? DO NOT BE LIKE VICKIE!

I see Tyler walking up to the Tables too. His black hair looked nicer than ever and that shirt fits him so perfe-

Crap! I got caught staring. How the tables have turned. Please don't come over here. Please don't. No, no, no. Great, he's walking towards me. You jinxed it, Elena. You only have yourself to blame.

"Hey, Cutie! Like what you see?" He smirks at me.

Don't hug him, Elena. I repeat, do not hug him. Restrain yourself. Have a little respect, woman! Damn, chill!

'Uhm.. uhm," I struggle, trying to find words to say.

Dang it, Elena! You sound like such a total loser right now. "Uhm.. Uhm..." What the hell was that? That's the best you can do? He must think you're a freak now. Great. Now, he's not going to want to hang out with you after school. See what you did? Always messing things up.

"I'm really excited for after school today, Cutie."

He's excited? Oh my gosh. He's excited!

"Really?" I ask way too loudly.

Dang, my face is probably as red as a tomato right now. I should look down so my hair covers it up.

"Yeah. Why, are you not excited?" He asks worriedly.

"No, no! I'm very excited. Actually, I'm really excited! I was thinking about it the whole night and this morning. Oh God, why did I just tell you that? Haha. Uhm.. do you like potatoes? I like potatoes; think they're so interesting. You can make fries, hash browns, and potato ch-"

He cuts me off from my rant, thank God. That was getting really awkward! I have no filter.

Mentally facepalms.

"Cutie," he laughs, "I was just joking with you."

"Oh." I say, looking down again. He really knows how to make a girl blush, doesn't he? Wow. My face is like having a fever right now.

Suddenly, I feel his face close to mine. "Hey, look at me." He demands, quietly.

I'm afraid to look up.

"Don't be afraid."

Can he read my mind or something?

After a minute, I look up and see his beautiful chocolate brown eyes staring into mine.

"So you think about me, huh?"

He starts bursting out in laughter. Way to ruin the moment, Tyler. I smack him on the shoulder.

This boy really doesn't have a filter. Hey, that's something we have in common! Maybe we aren't so different after all.

"Shut up, I didn't mean to say it out loud."

Feeling embarrassed, I turn my back to him and cover my face with my hands, trying to block out his laughter. His laughter suddenly dies down and I feel his chin on my shoulder, his torso on my back, and both arms wrapped around my waist.

This right here? Me in your arms. This feels right.

"Don't worry, Cutie. I think about you too."

~*~

A/N: Hey guys! I love this chapter so much! The Tylena ship is sailing! Tyler is such a cutie isn't he? I love him so much. He might be my favorite character. Shh. Don't tell the rest. Thank you for reading! Until next chapter! Love you guys!

Do you guys play any sports? I'm really not that athletic so I don't. I honestly laugh when people ask if I do sports. Like, seriously? Do you not know me at all? Is it even a question? I enjoy watching not playing though. I can't play for a team. I can play for fun! But, definitely not competitively. Why isn't there a girls football team at my school? We have flag, but no! I want tackle! Do they think girls can't handle it or something? What about women's right? Haha. If they came up with a girls football team, I would definitely try out.