Chapter 8 ~ She Wants to Talk

Tyler's POV

Walking up to the Tables, I spot Cutie from a mile away. She keeps pacing back and forth. Is she nervous about something? Is something wrong? Finally, I reach where she's standing.

"Hey, Cutie." I say, trying to ease her nervousness. She looks so pale. Whatever this is, it must be eating her inside.

"H-hi Tyler." She stuttered. Did I do something wrong? Is she still thinking about the time I caught her from falling? What is it? Give her time, idiot. Stop rushing things, Tyler.

"Uhm, can we talk? Alone?" She asks in a very soft tone.

Oh no. She wants to talk. About what? I don't remember what I did wrong. Did I do something wrong? Is this about me stealing her fries? Probably not. This seems way more serious.

Elena leads me to a corner a little bit farther from the Tables since nobody is there. God, why am I freaking out? She just wants to talk. It's not like she's going to break up with me. We're not even dating. Oh no. What if she wants to stop being friends? Or-

"Tyler?" She asks, not making any eye contact with me. She's really scaring me right now. What do I say back?

"Yeah? Are you sure you're okay? Is there something wrong? Are you sick?" I don't even stop to take a breath.

I sound like a girl. Get it together, Tyler!

"No, no! I'm not sick." She smiles a little.

There's that beautiful smile. So, what is it then? Wait.. Did I say that out loud?

"So, what is it then?" I clear my throat.

"Well, uhm..."

I start listening closely. I'm probably making a big deal out of nothing. She's just a girl, Tyler. She is just a girl, right? Nothing more?

"Well, I was uhm... I was wondering if we could uhm.. exchange numbers?" She asks looking up at me once in awhile.

A wide smile comes onto my face. That's what she wanted, my number? God, she should've just said so in the first place. She got me all scared for nothing. I was beginning to freak out. Ha! Beginning. More like majorly freaking out!

"You don't have to if you don't want to. I was just thinking. God, I don't even know what I was thinking. Maybe I wasn't thinking at all. Haha. Uhmm, I was just wondering if you were up for it? I'm not forcing you to, but-"

"Cutie." I interrupt her from her rant, my smile still from ear to ear.

"Yeah?" she responds worriedly.

She's looking down at her shoes. I want her to look at me. Come on, Cutie. Look up. Ugh. Damn it, Tyler, she's not a dog!

"Hey, look up at me." I tilt her chin to look into my eyes.

"I would love to give you my number." I answer her.

The happiness in her eyes showed very quickly. Her eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. No matter how hard she tries to cover it up, I can still see it. It's crazy how she could get nervous over a little thing. Her smile is so contagious. Now I'm smiling like an idiot.

Do I make her nervous? I don't want that. I want her to be herself around me. Show me who she really is, not what everyone else sees. I wanna see the real Elena Hawkins.That is my mission.

"Really?" she asks me in disbelief.

"Mhm. Give me your phone, cutie. Here, put yours in my cell too."

I'm pretty sure we look like creeps with goofy smiles on our faces. We exchange phones and put in our numbers. This has to be hands down one of the best things that has happened in the morning. Mornings are usually crappy. Today isn't. She made it better. It was all her doing. God, this girl. She might be the death of me.

"Smile," I demand as I try to take a picture for her contact.

"No. Tyler. Stop." She says with laughs in between each word. The next thing I know, she starts running. I start chasing her around not caring who's watching us. Wow, this girl runs really fast. Finally, I caught her waist and pulled her into my arms. I feel her stiffen because of my touch. My arms let go of her and she starts blushing. While she is looking at the ground, I use this as a chance to take a candid shot. This is my chance to capture her picture.

Click.

I look at the picture I just took. She looks so peaceful. How could I have never seen this girl before? She's gorgeous.

~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Yay! Hi my lovelies! The Tylena ship is ready to sail! What did you guys think of this chapter? Tyler is such a cutie. He's definitely not the bad boy, player everyone takes him for. Or is he? Haha. I guess you'll have to find out later. Whose point of view do you guys like the best? Leave it in the comments! Please vote, comment, and share. Love you guys so much. <3

As of right now, I'm listening to Can I Have This Dance? Yes, from High School Musical. I love all three movies. I have all three on dvd. Well, me and my sister. I just finished a year of high school, and it was nothing like the movie. Honestly, I was disappointed. True story.