Chapter 27 ~ The Soup's Not the Only Thing That's Hot

Elena's POV

It's been about an hour since Tyler fell asleep. My mom knocks on the guest room door, so I stand up to go get it.

"Oh," my mom says, surprised.

She seriously can't be chill for a second? I was just there because he asked me too, jeez, it's not like we were doing anything.

"Sh, he's sleeping!" I whisper-yelled at her.

"Okay, okay, I was just going to say dinner's ready," she whispers back.

"Okay." I close the door on her.

I walk back up to Tyler and turn on the lamp. He moves in discomfort. "Tyler." I whisper to him. He doesn't hear me. "Tyler!" I try again.

No response.

I walk up to his sleeping body and put my hand on his shoulder. "Ty- woah!" I scream. While I put my hand on him, he turns around and grabs my arm, pulling me down on top of him.

This is beyond awkward.

"I heard you the first time, Cutie," he says, laughing at my stunned reaction.

At this time, I realize I was on top of him. I roll over so my back is flat on the bed and look at the ceiling. Or, at least I tried. Tyler seems to think that him climbing on top of me is funny. Now, I'm looking at his gorgeous face.

He smirks at me. I've seen that face before. Oh no. I know what he's about to do. I try to escape, but he quickly catches on and grabs my arms, pinning me down. Then, the moment I prayed wouldn't happen did. He removes his hands from mine and starts tickling me all over.

"Ty-ler! St-op!" I attempt to say, but keep getting cut off by my own laughter.

I look into his eyes deeply and for a second, he stops tickling me. We are just two people looking into each other's eyes. His eyes are beautiful. His hair is messy from tickling me and rolling around. I push back the hair that fell in front of his face.

"Tyler," I say softly.

He looks at me, completely shocked. I start sitting up, not breaking eye contact. I can hear his breathing getting shallower. He looks at my lips and then back to my eyes. This is the moment of truth. I put my hand on his arm and he starts leaning in.

The smell of his cologne is getting stronger the closer we get. My heart is racing unbelievably. I notice a small scar on his forehead. Hmm, I never noticed that before. The wait became unbearable, and his lips finally find mine. His soft lips move in sync with mine. I throw my arms around his neck and he puts his arms on my waist. His grip is hard and firm, but soft and gentle at the same time.

And just like that, the kiss is over. His lips are no longer on mine. My swollen pink lips are now aching from the loss of his contact. "Uhm, my mom said that dinner's ready." I clear my throat, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand.

"Yeah, okay. I'll be out any minute," he responds.

I stand up and walk out, closing his door behind me. I lean my back against the door to keep me up. My knees feel weak and my breathing is still unsteady from our heated makeout session.

I just kissed Tyler Black. Oh my gosh. I touch my lips, where his once were. They're so soft. He taste like peppermint. I feel my cheeks flush and a smile creeps upon my lips.

I should get to my mom before she suspects something. I just kissed Tyler!

Walking to the kitchen, I see my mom and dad. Mom is putting her famous chicken noodle soup into bowls for us and dad is setting up the table. Tyler hasn't come out of his room yet, so I take a seat at the table and wait patiently for my food.

I hear the guest room door swing open and out comes Tyler. Let me rephrase that. Out comes a shirtless Tyler, with only sweatpants on.

Hot damn.

I turn my head away instantly and feel my cheeks heat up once again. Tyler grabs a shirt that was lying on the couch. When did he put that there? He then takes the seat next to me. Mom finishes preparing the soup and drinks. The dinner is great; mom and dad crack jokes and it's all just a fun dinner. Tyler and I play footsie underneath the table which made me giggle and choke on my soup. My parents turn to look at me. I use this time to kick Tyler in the shin, making him groan in pain.

"Do you like the soup honey?" my mom asks Tyler, noticing his sudden reaction.

"Yes, thank you," his hoarse voice answers.

"Oh no problem sweetheart. Are you feeling any better?"

He grabs my hand under the table and intertwines our fingers. His thumb rubs up and down over mine.

"Very much," he answers my mom.

---

A/N: YAASS!! They finally kissed? Are you guys as stoked as I am? Honestly, I wasn't planning on them kissing in this chapter. The original plan was for Elena to pull away before they kissed and escape from Tyler tickling her. But, just for you guys, I decided to make it count. Are you guys happy? I AM!! Please vote, comment, and share! Love you <3

NBA Game 7 is tomorrow. Golden State better win! Back to back championships baby! Haha I'm loving my High School Musical references. Anybody with me? Where's my HSM fans out there? You know who you are. :)