Chapter 36 ~ Falling Head Over Heels

Elena's POV

Tyler and I just sit at the stadium watching the sunset. "So did they say anything about you playing or not?" I ask him.

"Well, I went to the doctor and she said I'm cleared to play, but coach and the principal still haven't made a decision," he answers.

"So you're all better?" I place my hand where his lungs are. I can feel his heart beating fast.

"Mhm," he responds.

"Wanna go for ice cream?" he asks.

"What?" I laugh because of his sudden outburst.

"We've had a pretty hectic day. Ice cream might fix that." he suggests.

"Sure."

---

"Can I have a double scoop cotton candy ice cream in a bowl please?" I ask the nice lady behind the counter.

"What do you want?" I tug at Tyler's shirt.

"Can I have mint chocolate chip, please?" he asks the worker.

We're at Baskin Robbins. It's not really crowded considering it's a school night, and it's still pretty early. The lady hands us our ice cream. The first thing I do is take a big chunk and stuff it in my mouth.

"Brain freeze!" I yell at Tyler.

He laughs at me. How many times has this boy laughed at my pain? After paying the lady, he puts our ice cream down and hugs me, trying to warm me up. I snuggle close to him, resting my head on his chest.

"You two are such a cute couple," the worker compliments us.

"Oh no we're not-" I start.

"Thank you," Tyler cuts me off. Wait, what? Did he just imply that we're dating?

"Just go with it. You're mine tonight," he whispers to me.

I smile. His. I like the sound of that.

---

"Thanks for the ice cream," I say as we walk hand in hand out of Baskin Robbins.

"No problem, Cutie," he replies.

"I missed that," I admit. "You calling me Cutie, I mean."

"You don't like your own name?" he chuckles.

"I do, but not when you say it. You're different," I explain.

I stand on the tip of my toes to kiss him. His mouth tastes like mint. I don't like mint, but on his lips I do. "I missed this."

"Me too," he replies.

"So you don't have any feelings for Nate?" he clarifies, still walking with my hand intertwined in his.

"Tyler." I whisper, stopping right in front of him so he won't go anywhere.

His eyes look at our hands. "What do I have to do to show you that it's only you?" I question him.

"It's just that you and him have so much in common, and I see the way he looks at you." His voice sounds hurt.

"Well, do you see the way I look at you?" I ask.

"Tyler, you made me feel again. When Nate took that away from me, it was you who was there. I didn't have to try so hard with you. You made it seem like falling for someone again wasn't totally impossible, when I thought it was. So when you said that you meant nothing, you couldn't be more wrong; because you mean more."

"Really?" he sincerely asks.

"Yeah. Tyler Black, I'm falling head over heels for you."

---

A/N: Another touchy chapter, guys! On the verge of crying. I don't know why I do this to myself. So what did you think? Love it? No? I loved it! 

Okay guys, so this is it for this week and next week :( sorry. It'll go by before you know it. If you want to talk just PM me :) I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Haha be happy I'm not leaving you for  two weeks on a cliffhanger. Trust me it could be worse. Love you guys <3 Thank you for reading up to now! Remember, you can always still reach me through PM.