Chapter 6 ~ Falling, Literally

Elena's POV

Ugh, stupid Tyler. Who does he think he is? He can't just take my fries and my seat! I'm leaving anyway. I have to get my food first. If I find a way around him. I just have to move left. Okay. That's right. Move right so I can- Ha! Yes, I got my food back!

The next thing I know, I'm falling. I feel someone catch me from behind before I full-on faceplant. "Elena, are you okay?" They ask. I know that deep, husky voice. It's Tyler.

His hands are on my waist. I can't breathe. Oh my gosh. What is this boy doing to me?

"Elena?" he asks once again.

That's the first time he's called me by my first name. He usually calls me "Cutie." I don't think I've ever liked the sound of my name so much, until now. He made it sound better. He makes it better. "Cutie?"

NO! Go back to my name! Although, Cutie doesn't sound so bad either. Ugh, I haven't said anything for the last two minutes. He must think I'm a weirdo. His hands are still around my waist. I kind of like it there. No! I cannot fall for him! He's younger than me! I can't get my heart broken along the way either. I just can't help not staying away from him.

"Elena? Are you hurt? Please, answer me," he starts to sound worried. My back is pressed up against him now, his hands are still on my waist, holding me up so I wouldn't fall again. "I-I'm fine. Thank you." I turn around to face him. He takes his hands off my waist and looks at me intently with his brown eyes.

No, put your hands back.

"Jeez Cutie, you need to be careful. We wouldn't want you falling for anyone else now, would we?" Falling for anyone else? What does that mean? "Here let me tie your shoelaces for you." He says, already bending down to my shoes. "Tyler! What are you doing?" I whisper to him. "Tying your shoes." he whispers back.

I feel my cheeks flush. My face is probably as red as a tomato right now. When is he going to be done? People are starting to look. I hate being the center of attention. Come on, Tyler! Stand up!

"There, all done." He stands up and looks at me again with his beautiful brown eyes. "Thanks." I whisper to him, taking my eyes off of his and looking at my shoes instead.

I still feel his eyes staring at me. Why does he look at me like that? He's making me uncomfortable. His stares are like a teacher about to call on a student that doesn't even have their hand raised. Please look somewhere else. Jesus Christ, I probably look like a juicy red apple that everyone wants to pick in the supermarket. I didn't think a person could blush this much. Wow.

I feel his finger lift my chin up. The next thing I see are his eyes staring into mine again. "No problem, cutie." He speaks softly, so only I can hear it. "Are you two done having your moment already?" I hear Nate ask in the back of Tyler.

Damn it! This boy doesn't know when to shut up does he? Why must he ruin everything for me? Ugh. Go hang out with Vickie, Nate.

Tyler and I jerk back from each other at the sound of Nate's voice. Yup, he definitely must ruin everything for me. He and Chase threw their heads back laughing at our reactions. I look back at Tyler. He's scratching the back of his neck and his cheeks are slightly rosy. Is the bad boy blushing? No way. He's just uncomfortable with me. I have to get out of here.

"Uhm, I have to go now." I say as quickly as possible. I look back at Tyler. He looks like he's about to say something, but he closes his mouth and lets me speak.

"Thanks again, Tyler." I thank him one last time before leaving. I escape the cafeteria as fast as I can. I can't believe I almost face planted in front of those guys, how embarrassing! I text Jess and Lex, telling them I wouldn't be meeting them for lunch today. There is no way I will be going back in the cafeteria anytime today.

"Woah! Oh my gosh, I'm so so sorry, " I bump into a hard surface, dropping all my stuff. Why am I such a klutz? I look up to see who I bumped into. My eyes widen in horror.

Not you again, you have got to be kidding me!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Hey my lovely readers! What did you think about this chapter? I love how things are going with Tyler and Elena. Who do you think Elena bumped into? Why is she so scared? I woke up this morning and my reads were at 114!! Thank you guys so so much. This means a lot to me! I really appreciate you guys reading my book! Please vote, comment, and share!

How is your guys' summer going? Mine is going well so far. I get to write this book for you beautiful readers. Are you guys going anywhere or have already gone somewhere? Is school even out where you live yet? I'm going to Disneyland soon! I am unbelievable excited. I haven't gone in two years and the 60th anniversary is still on so, it makes the march cuter! My dreams of meeting the Dolan Twins won't happen this year, considering they're on tour when I go. Why?! I probably won't meet Jack and Jack either, but the dream still lives! And that's okay, because Jack and Jack's album comes out towards the time I leave so... new music for the airplane hopefully?

Anyways, thank you for reading this far into The Bad Boy was Staring at Me. The story plot thickens the more you read. I hope you like it so far! I love you guys so much! <3