Chapter 41 ~ What Did I Do Now?

Tyler's POV

Last night, she said yes to me. Elena said yes to me. She's way out of my league, and she doesn't even know it. I'm so lucky to have a girl like her.

I think I'm falling in love with her.

I am falling in love with her. No doubt.

"Hey boyfriend." Cutie calls, walking towards my locker. I love it when she calls me that. It feels right.

Hey, girl I love.

"Hey." I respond, wrapping my arms around her after I grab my science textbook.

"I can't stop thinking about you in that dress last night. That will definitely come in handy one day," I joke, wiggling my eyebrows at her.

"Oh, stop it!" she says, giving me a little shove.

Chase comes up to me and Cutie, looking like he has important news. "Tyler, man. You're being called into the principal's office," he explains. He's out of breath from running all over the place. "You gotta go now, bro. It sounds pretty urgent."

"What? Why?" I hear Elena ask him before I could respond.

"Not sure," Chase breathes out.

"I'll be back." I quickly kiss Elena and head to the principal's office. I didn't do anything wrong. At least, I think I didn't. I've been pretty good compared to last time. Right? I haven't punched anyone recently.

I head across the quad before reaching the office. My trembling hands knock on the door. "Come in," a voice says. I slowly turn the doorknob, revealing my head first. Our principal looks up and takes a good look at me.

"Tyler! Oh good, you're here. Have a seat," she instructs. Okay then.

I take the seat in front of her brown polished desk. My eyes drop down to the hands in my lap. What are they going to accuse me of now? Graffiti in the bathrooms? Cheating on a history paper? Spiking the punch at prom?

"A few weeks ago, you were said to have been beating up Nate, is this correct?" she starts.

"Yes, ma'am." I nod my head, still looking at my hands.

"Well, I talked to your coach, and he said you've been cleared to play considering you were ill for a while?" she asks.

"Yes, I have been cleared to play," I answer her politely.

"As you know, violence is not tolerated here," she began. "But, your grades have improved drastically and you have been attending all of your classes and completing all of your assignments. So, we have decided that you will be able to play in the game tonight," she finishes.

"Thank you so much!" A smile spreads across my face. I get to play! Wait till' I tell Elena!

"On one condition," she states.

What now?

"Keep your grades up, and Saturday school for two weeks."

That's it? I'll take it! Scouts, here I come! Prepare for the game of your lives.

---

Elena's POV

I haven't seen Tyler since this morning. Is he in trouble? Is this about him playing in the game tonight? I decide to call him because I'm becoming very impatient. After a few rings, I get his voicemail. Why isn't he picking up? Is he still in the office? Did he get sent home? Why hasn't he called?

Elena, stop being an obsessive girlfriend!

"Tyler, is everything okay? I'm starting to get worried. Please call me back." I hang up the phone, wanting to discuss everything in person instead of texting.

Suddenly, I feel a pair of hands on my eyes. I gasp loudly, clearly taken aback. "Guess who?" he whispers in my ear.

After hearing his voice, I turn around and slap his chest lightly. "What happened? Is everything okay?" I question him.

"Yup," he answers, popping the 'p'.

"So why were you summoned?" I ask again.

"Oh, using big words aren't we, Cutie?" he laughs at my word choice. What? I thought it was fine. I read it. Reading helps my vocabulary.

"Seriously though," I demanded. "Are you in trouble?" No answer.

"Tyler?" I question him again, following him to wherever he is taking me.

We are now back at his locker, just like this morning. He opens his locker, avoiding my question. "Tyler!" I urge him. I can't see what he is doing, but he is searching for something.

"Wear this tonight," he says, holding his back-up jersey. It reads "Black 23." I look at him, surprised.

Does this mean-? Is this true?

"You're playing tonight?" I ask in disbelief.

"Sure am!" he tells me.

My hands grab his face, bringing it to mine. I look into his eyes before our lips meet. He tilts his head, deepening the kiss.

"Wear this for me?" he pulls away and asks.

"Of course." I whisper to him, taking the jersey and kissing him once again.

---

A/N: Aww how cute. I wanna wear Tyler's jersey. Who wouldn't? He's falling in love! How sweet! He's just a bad boy falling in love. He doesn't seem like it, maybe he has an alter ego? Hmm. *contemplates putting that in*.. Haha I'm joking you guys. Anyways, I'm so excited for writing the football game scene next chapter. Can't wait! Hope you guys enjoyed this! Love you guys <3 

Haha, so.. I'm about to do this major update because well school is staring soon and this book is almost done so yeah. I'm taking you to chapter 44 today. 

Sorry in advance...