Chapter 32 ~ No Answer

Elena's POV

"Thanks for driving me home." I thank Lex.

"Yeah, no problem. How's Tyler?" she asks.

I shrugged. "About to find out."

"Good luck!" she shouts, pulling out of my driveway.

My mom, opened the door for me. She probably heard all the noise Lex's car made. "Hey honey, how was school?"

"Okay." I lie. "I'm going to my room to study, call me when dinner's ready?" I ask her. She just nods her head. I'm not really going to study, I'm going to call Tyler. My legs run up the stairs as fast as they can. Once I reach my room, I close and lock the door so nobody can interrupt my conversation. Pulling out my phone, I click on Tyler's contact and press his number.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

"You have the voice mailbox of-" Great. It went straight to voicemail. I try dialing his number one more time only to get the same irritating lady telling me I reached his voicemail.

I decide to text him instead.

Elena: Tyler?

Elena: Hello?

Elena: Can we talk?

Elena: Please?

No response. I don't even know what happened! Why did he punch Nate? If this is about the prom thing, I specifically told him that I declined Nate's offer.

Tyler's POV

Mom's not going to be happy when I tell her I got suspended. She is so happy that I had no detentions for a few weeks. She didn't get any calls from the school about me skipping class or picking on the other kids. That's all because of Elena. She keeps me out of trouble.

I open the door to my house. As soon as I walk in my mom starts yelling at me.

"Tyler Drew Black! Get your butt in this kitchen now!" She probably got the call.

I walk in into the kitchen which was extra clean. My mom probably cleaned it; she cleans when she's stressed. "Beating up another kid?!" she yells at me. I just shrug my shoulders, placing my bag on the kitchen table.

"I thought Nate was your best friend." she claims.

I scoffed at the idea. "Tyler, what happened? You were doing so well." her voice softens.

"He's not my best friend anymore," I answer her and head to my room.

2 missed calls. 4 texts from Cutie.

I throw my phone on my bed and sit down, holding my football I got for my fifth birthday from my dad. I can feel the anger coming back. "3 days suspension. We will discuss your football privileges, but don't get your hopes up for the big game," the principal's words replay in my head. I bury my face in my pillow, screaming to let out my anger.

The door of my room opens. "Ty Ty?" a soft voice says. I bring my head back up to see my three year old sister, Elise, holding her teddy bear. Her face shows that she is scared. She probably heard me yell. She let herself in my room, climbing on my bed.

Her tiny arms wrap around my torso. "Are you okay? I heard mommy yelling at you," she whispers. I can't help but smile. My arms carry her up into my waist, hugging her back. Thanks Elise. I needed this. "What did you do?" she asks.

"Bad things." I answer her.

"That's okay. Mommy said everyone makes mistakes," she replies.

My phone starts ringing and Elise sees it first. She jumps off my lap and grabs my phone. My eyes open big when I see Cutie's picture flashing.

"Hewwo?" Elise answers.

I couldn't hear Elena's response.

"Bye, bye," she says next.

"Elise!" I make sure my voice wasn't too strong. "What did she say?" I ask her, bringing her back in my lap.

"Nothing. Nobody answered," she says back.

---

A/N: Hello! So, what did you guys like it? Did you like Elise? I thought she was cute. I don't know if she will play a big role, but she might pop up in some chapters in the future. Writing this, I'm almost at 300 reads! That's crazy! Thank you guys so much! I love you so much, second fam! <3