Chapter 13 ~ Not Good Enough

Elena's POV

"Class dismissed."

After class ends, I check my phone to see the text I got in class. Tyler told me to meet him in the parking lot, so that's where I am now; waiting for Tyler. I've been waiting for about 5 minutes now. Is he running late? He's the one who texted me. Where is he? I should give him more time. Be patient, Elena. It will be worth it later.

I look over to where I think Tyler will come out from. I see him with Jaelyn. Jaelyn Thomas, head cheerleader. She loves going after boys. Especially the popular ones. Which, Tyler is.

He hasn't seen me yet. Jaelyn is still throwing herself at him. Tyler is trying to look for me, but I'm nowhere near where he's looking. Suddenly, Jaelyn stops right in front of him and looks into his beautiful brown eyes, whispering something to him. Those are the same beautiful brown eyes I stare into.

What was I thinking? Of course she's the type he goes for, not me. I'm just another smart girl that hides her face in books. I'm not too social and I'm not as pretty as her. I'm not athletic. Why would he pick me? I'm a nobody in his world.

Jaelyn finally finished flirting with Tyler. Now, his eyes fall on me. I'm trying my best to cover up any look of sadness or jealousy before he can see it. Once he looks at me, I look away. You can't be vulnerable, Elena. Don't let your guard down. Great, he's jogging to me now. See, this is why you should have been done with boys forever since Nate!

"Cutie." He says. I can almost hear the worry in his voice.

"Hey!" I say, trying to sound as chirpy as possible.

"Cutie." He says again.

"You ready to go?" My voice tries to be happy, changing the subject.

"Elena."

He called me by my first name. What do I do? He can see right through me. He knows me way too well.

Getting irritated, I turn my back towards him. I don't want to deal with this right now. We should just stay friends. It's easier that way.

I try to walk to his car so we can finally practice football, but I feel his hand grab my wrist, restraining me from walking any farther.

"What?" I snap back at him.

"I'm sorry I was late."

"It's fine. Can we go now?"

"Elena. She doesn't mean anything," he answers, looking straight into my eyes.

He wants to talk about it? What's there to talk about? I'm always going to be the second choice. That's fine. I never get picked first for anything. It's okay; I'm used to it.

I look at my shoes when his stare becomes too much. His hand around my wrist tightened, indicating I wasn't going anywhere. I can't escape. There's no way out. I believe him, I believe that she meant nothing. It just hurt, and I don't know why.

"Okay." I say back to him.

~*~

Tyler's POV

"Okay." she says back to me.

Okay? She's not okay. I can see she's hiding her feelings. I don't even like Jaelyn, she's not who I want! I never wanted to hurt Elena. She means way too much to me. I can't lose her.

I pull Elena into a hug. She stumbles at first because of my sudden action. I feel her stiffen in my arms. She's not comfortable. Her face is buried into my shoulder as I hold her. She relaxes a little. God, I never meant to hurt her. Seeing her hurt makes me hurt, even if I'm the one who caused it. I hear her sniffle in my embrace. Is she crying? No! Please don't cry.

My arms tighten around her and she finally gives into the hug. I feel her arms circle around my back. She lifts her head off of my shoulder and puts it on my chest instead.

This girl is literally killing me. If my friends saw me right now, they would never let it go. Right now, I don't care. All that matters right now is me and her. Everything will be okay. I'm right here.

"Cutie?" I ask her softly.

"Yeah?"

"She'll never mean anything as much as you do."

~*~

A/N: Guys, I almost cried writing this chapter. It's so sad! What do you guys think? Leave it in the comments! I love you guys so much! Please vote, comment, and share! :)

"So what have you been doing all summer?" everyone asks me. Me: "Watching the Dolan Twins and 90210?" Haha guys, I seriously have a problem. Anyways how has your day been? Good, I hope. Have a great rest of the day <3