Chapter 30 ~ Prom? 2.0

Elena's POV

"So, how'd you even get in the backyard, anyways?" I interrogate Tyler, walking back into the house. His arm is around the small of my back. Mine is around his.

"I told your mom and dad last night,and they set it up at dinner. They told me that they would leave the back door open. That's where I went to answer my phone." He explains, kissing the top of my head.

"You're so sneaky!" I exclaim, playfully hitting his abs. Damn, those are rock hard. He throws his head back laughing. He's so cute.

We're back in the guest room, where he is still staying. His arm is snaked around my back so we are cuddling, just like we did when he first got here. I run my fingers through his hair as he puts his head against me.

"I like when you do that," he blurts out. I can feel his smile against my skin.

I giggle as his sudden outburst. "Did you take your antibiotics?" I question him.

"Yup," he says, dragging out the word.

I untangle myself from under his embrace. "Where are you going?" he complains with a frown.

"Getting you water. The doctor said to stay hydrated," I remind him.

"I don't need water," he objects.

"Yes, you do." I say, walking halfway out the door.

I hear him grumble while I'm in the kitchen. "Cutie, hurry up!" he growls loudly.

I laugh, rolling my eyes. Thank God he didn't see that, or else I would be being tickled right about now.

"Okay, I'm back." I inform him, walking back into the room.

---

Sunday passes quickly and school comes even quicker.

"He asked you to prom!" Lex screeches.

We are at my locker because we left the Tables early for a meeting. "Can you keep your voice down?" I beg her.

"Okay, fine. I have to go to class now so I don't get a tardy, but I expect you to give me every single detail after school," she demands.

"Cross my heart." I gesture as the words fall out of my mouth.

After Lex leaves, I finish getting my stuff out of my locker. After shutting my locker door, I see Nate's face on the other side.

"Oh my gosh, you scared me!" I yelp, putting my hand on my racing heart.

"Hey." Nate says.

"Hi." I reply, making it clear I'm not interested.

"So, I'm just going to say it," he begins. Oh no. What now?

"Do you want to go to prom with me?" he finally lets the words slip out of his mouth.

What? My mouth drops open. "Excuse me?"

"Prom. Do you want to go with me?" he asks again.

"Uhm, Tyler already asked me. I'm sorry," I explain to him.

"That's alright," he says, turning around and walking away. What in the world just happened?

Suddenly, I feel hands on my eyes. "Guess who?" the same deep, raspy voice I had spent the weekend with says.

"Tyler, you should be at home, resting." I turn around and mention to him.

"Doctor said it was okay."

Tyler's POV

"So, what did Nate want?" I ask Cutie after she is done worrying about me.

"Oh, nothing," she says curtly, walking away from me.

What?

I grab her wrist as I catch up to her. "Elena, what did he say?" I demand.

"It was nothing," she tells me in an attempt at a convincing voice. Not buying it.

"Elena," I warn her.

"He was just..." she starts, then stops.

"He was just?" I wait for her to finish her sentence.

"He asked me to prom," she finishes.

---

A/N: Hey guys! What's up? I really liked this chapter. How do you think Tyler is going to react? What did you think if Nate's promposal? Lame. Right? Haha. Thanks for reading! Love you guys so much! :)