Chapter 35 ~ Don't You Ever Say That

A/N: Important author's note at the bottom. Please read :) okay you can start reading now haha 

---

Elena's POV

I run from Nate to Tyler as fast as I can. I don't even run this fast in P.E. Tyler must be special. My eyes keep looking right and left to see where Tyler could have gone. Where could he be? Where is he? My legs are slowly giving up on me. I cannot give up now. No, I need to explain!

"Tyler?" I try calling out his name.

No response.

'Tyler, please!" I shout again.

No response.

I run around the courtyard and all over the school screaming Tyler's name. A few turn their heads, looking at me like I'm insane. I don't care; I have to find him. He doesn't know the whole story!

Where haven't I looked yet? The football field! Of course. Why didn't I think of that before? I run down to the stadium, looking for Tyler. My breathing is erratic from all the running. "Tyler?" I speak instead of yelling, my voice hurting from previous attempts of finding him.

My eyes search the fields and bleachers. Tyler is sitting at the very top holding his jersey. 23. Our number. "Tyler," I whisper to myself in relief. He sees me heading up to him and turns his eyes away, getting ready to leave.

"Wait!" I call after him.

He stops walking, his back facing me. "I need to talk to you," my voice comes out hoarse from all the yelling. He turns around, his face red and his jaw clenched. "Please." I beg.

He waits for me to start talking. "Are you okay?" I ask, trying to grab his hand. He notices my sudden action and pulls his hand away from me before I can hold it. I let out a sigh. All I want to do is feel his touch. I miss him. I don't even know what happened.

He lets out a forced laugh. "Why do you even care? Go hang out with your boyfriend. Might as well go to prom with him too," he answers.

"You don't understand!" I yell at him.

"What Elena? What don't I understand? You guys were kissing! I thought I meant something and our kiss meant something to you, but apparently not!" he snaps at me.

"You know that's not true," I fight, my eyes tearing up. How could he say that? Our kiss meant everything.

"Oh, really? Then what was I, a booty call? Or a rebound? A game?" he speaks, his voice sounding hurt.

"Stop." I demand, a tear rolling down my cheek. I can't stand hearing this.

"Is it because it's true? That I meant nothing? God, Elena!" he shouts, throwing his jersey. He runs his hands across his face and sits down on the bleachers.

"You meant everything Tyler! How can you not see that!" I shout back at him.

I look at his hands that are now running through his hair. I take the seat next to him and say, "Our kiss meant everything."

"Didn't seem like it when you were kissing Nate."

"He kissed me!" I clarify. "Don't ever say you meant nothing to me when you don't even know how I feel about you."

"How do you feel about me?" he questions.

Oh, damn. I walked into this trap all by myself. Alright, here goes nothing.

I don't feel like answering his stupid question, so I kiss him in response. He is stiff at first, but he gives in. "Does that answer your question?" I ask him.

Our foreheads rest on each other's, looking deeply into our eyes. "I'm sorry," he whispers. "For everything," he adds.

"I just thought that since you and Nate had a history, you would always pick him. That I didn't stand a chance. And since you're in the same grade and age and all-"

I cut him off. "Age doesn't matter. Grade doesn't matter. It's you that matters." I finish.

---

A/N: *starts crying* My heart literally ached writing this chapter. It felt so realistic! What did you guys think? I would love your feedback! Writing this, I'm almost at 400 reads! Thank you guys so much! Wouldn't be here without you guys! Much love <3 

Sorry for taking so long to update! :( I have been really busy packing for my upcoming trip! Im going to Disneyland from July 1-9 so I won't be able to update. I'm so sorry, please forgive me. I will post Chapter 36 tomorrow, but the next time I will post will probably be on July 10, considering I have no internet connection and my laptop will not be coming with me. I would like to take this time to spend with family :) Thank you for understanding. The wait will be done before you know it! I hope you enjoy! Please don't give up on me :(