Chapter 26 ~ Stay With Me

Elena's POV

"You have pneumonia?" I ask Tyler in disbelief. I thought it would be just a cold.

He just nods his head. "Well, what did the doctor say?"

"She just said that I need bed rest,to not get dehydrated, and I have to pick up my antibiotics downstairs," he tells me.

We take the elevator downstairs to the pharmacy, waiting for his antibiotics. I hate seeing Tyler sad. It's painful to look at him like this.

"Did she say you could play in the game in a few weeks?" I break the silence.

"She said 'we'll see.' I think I have to come back for a checkup so I can get cleared," he said, his head down.

I grab his hand, getting his attention. "Well, since it's Friday, and we have no school tomorrow, I was thinking we can go back to my house and you can get some rest. I can take care of you and make you some killer soup. What do you say?" I offer.

By proposing this, his face immediately lights up and replaces the frown with a smile. "Sure thing, Cutie," he agrees. "I'm just going to tell my mom first."

After we pick up Tyler's medicine, we drive back to his house to pick up some clothes and other necessities. Then, we head to my house. I inform my mom over the phone that Tyler was going to stay the night in the guest room. I can tell she is happy I called first because she hates it when I bring people over and the house isn't clean. It's not my fault it's dirty. There's some of the rest of my family's clutter around too.

Walking up to the driveway, my mom opens the door and waves over at us. God, how embarrassing. Be cool, mom. Be cool.

"Tyler! Honey, it's so glad to see you again," she gives Tyler a big hug before entering.

"Good to see you too, Mrs. Hawkins."

"Come. Come in. So, Elena tells me you're sick?"

"Yes, I have pneumonia."

"Oh no," she says before yelling, "Elena! Help him carry his stuff to the guest room, will you?"

---

"So this is the guest room. You should get some rest, I'll call you when dinner's ready." I tell him, trying to let him rest. It's been a long day for him.

I'm about to walk out the door when I hear Tyler call after me.

"Elena, wait!" he yells.

I turn around quickly. He sounds so urgent. "Hm, did you need something?"

"Uhm, can you stay with me for a while?" he asks.

He wants me to stay here with him? I thought he wanted to rest. Should I stay? Oh, what the hell.

"Yeah, okay." I say softly.

What do I do now? I end up closing the door and going to sit next to Tyler on the bed. He looks pretty comfortable, but he needs to rest. I sit on the edge of the bed, looking elsewhere. "Come cuddle with me, Cutie," he orders.

"Oh, okay." I whisper.

I go over to him and put my back against the headboard. He's lying down and looks really tired. He rolls over and puts his head against my tummy. I put my right arm over his shoulder so my arm doesn't fall asleep with his head on it.

"Thanks for being here for me, Cutie," he mutters. He grabs my left hand and intertwines our fingers. I smile slightly.

"I meant it when I said I'll always be here." I whisper to him. I could feel him smile against me.

His breathing is getting slower and slower. I look down at him and see him sleeping. He looks so peaceful. Get better soon, Tyler.

I reach over to the lamp and turn it off, moving slowly so I won't wake him. "You don't know what you do to me," I whisper to him. I bend down and kiss his forehead.

"Sweet dreams, Tyler."

---

A/N: So what did you think? Progressing aren't we? I love this chapter a lot. Elena takes great care of Tyler. What was your response when she brought him home? Or what about when he asked her to stay with him? Oh! The feels. Thank you for reading!

Teaser: Elena and Tyler get closer. *insert smirking emoji*