Chapter 28 ~ First Dates

A/N: Thank you guys for 700! I went offline for about an hour and my reads went up my at least 50! Here's an extra chapter, because I'm extra thankful for readers like you. <3 

Tyler's POV

"Thanks for dinner, Mrs. Hawkins," I thank Cutie's mom. Being grateful, I pick up my plate and try to help clean up a little.

"No, no, dear; let me do that," she says in the politest way possible while taking the dirty dishes out of my hands.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, dear. Go hang out with Elena," she gestures toward Cutie.

Cutie is drinking her water. As her mom told me to hang out with her, the water that was in Cutie's mouth is now all over the tablecloth. I smirk at her. She's thinking about our kiss. I know it.

As soon as Cutie walks away from the table, I speed walk over to Mr. and Mrs. Hawkins. "Tyler, is there something we can help you with?" her father questions me.

"Uh, kind of?" It comes out more as a question than a comment.

"Sure, honey. What is it?" Mrs. Hawkins adds.

"I was thinking of asking Cu- I mean Elena, to the school dance." I keep my voice low just in case she is nearby.

They don't say anything, but they are sure listening intently.

"But, I don't necessarily know how. I want to do it big and grand. So, I was hoping you could help me?" I continue.

"Well of course we will!" she yells aloud.

Oh, crap.

"Sweetheart, would you keep it down? What if Elena hears you?" Mr. Hawkins replies.

"Sorry," she mutters.

I see who Elena takes after.

Mrs. Hawkins sits with me and plans out the proposal. Is that what you call it, a proposal?

Right now, we are doing some shopping for things to set up. So far, we have 5,000 white Christmas lights, rose petals, and block lights that spell out "PROM?" Things are going perfect so far. Elena's parents agree to help me set up all the stuff by tomorrow.

The plan was to take Cutie to the restaurant we went to after football practice. While we are eating, her parents will set it up in the backyard at her house.

Now that I think about it, where is Cutie? Is she in her room?

I decide to go upstairs and check on her. Not knowing what room is hers, I decide to knock on the one whose door is closed.

"Knock knock," I say on the other side of the door.

I hear the lock unlock, and out comes Cutie.

"Come in."

I look around her bedroom. There is light pink everywhere. Jack Gilinsky is on her wall. I snort-laughed at the fact.

"Nice room and nice poster," I point to the Jack Gilinsky one, trying to hold in my laughter.

"Don't make fun of G," she slaps my arm.

"Hey! Remember what happened last time you messed with me?" I remind her of the kiss we shared before dinner.

Her cheeks turn red as she looked away.

"Anyways, I came up here to ask you if you would like to go on a date with me tomorrow?" I say, rubbing the back of my neck.

She turns around and smiles. "I would love to." Her arms circled around my waist, and she rested her head on my chest.

"Now, say sorry to Gilinsky," she adds.

Really?

---

A/N: HAHA! Oh my gosh, I just had to add my love in there. So what do you think about Tyler talking to her parents? And the date?

Most of all, what do you think of Jack Gilinsky? Haha just kidding. No, but seriously though. I'm so proud of Jack and Jack! Today, (the day I wrote this) they hit 20 million views on the Like That music video! Couldn't be more proud. <3 

I think this chapter is my all time favorite ending I've ever written.