Chapter 47 ~ I Love You

Tyler's POV

She's in a coma? No, this can't be happening. She has to be awake. I need to talk to her, for her to hear me out.

"Are we able to see her?" I question Jess. I have to. I know what I did was wrong, but I need to see her. She's the love of my life. My only love.

"Yeah," she says hesitantly, like she doesn't want me to get any close to Elena. It's true. I should keep my distance, but not until she hears me. I just need to explain.

Hearing the approval Jess gives, I run to the room Elena was transferred to. "Young man, please, no running." A nurse scolds me in the hall. I slow down my pace until I reach her door. My hand goes to turn the doorknob, but before I can feel the cold metal on my hand, Jess grabs it.

"Tyler," she said with a strict voice. "The doctor said she can hear you, so don't upset her. Try nice soothing words. Okay?"

"Yeah, okay." I promise.

I go to grab the doorknob again. I can hear my heartbeat in my ears. The door hinge squeaks as I open the door slowly. As I step in, I see the girl I love hooked up to many machines. Wires are connected to every part of her, her beautiful face is all scratched up, and her right arm is broken. A small gasp escapes my lips, in shock from her unconscious body. My eyes start to well up. I tear them away from her, not being able to take it all in.

"Cutie," I whisper, taking a seat next to her bed.

I grab her cold, pale hands in mine, trying to warm them up. Positive things, Tyler. She can hear you. "Cutie," I say once again. She's not going to answer you, you idiot.

"I-" My phone cuts me off before I can finish what I was about to say.

I checked the caller ID before answering. Vickie. What does she want? I don't need her in my life! She ruined everything! Now, she's going to take away the only person I've ever genuinely love.

My phone is still ringing, so I decide to take it outside. Elena shouldn't hear our conversation.

"What do you want, Vickie?" I snap at her.

"Tyler," she starts, "I went to the doctor's to check on our baby."

I inhale sharply as the words leave her mouth. Our baby. I've only ever dreamed of Elena saying that to me. The chances of that are now ruined. I don't reply because I have absolutely no words. It was a mistake. She was a mistake.

"They said it was a false positive," she whispers.

What? Is she being serious right now? This is not something to joke about.

"What? You're being serious, right?" I ask urgently.

"Yeah, they said it happens sometimes," she sounds depressed.

"This is great! Thank you for telling me."

I hang up the phone before she can say anything else. The feeling of relief washes over me. She's not pregnant, I don't have a baby! I go back to open Elena's room and continue where I left off. I take her hand in mine once again and kiss it.

"Baby, she's not pregnant. It was a false positive." I explain to her sleeping body.

"Squeeze my hand if you can hear me." Nothing. I hang my head low thinking about what to say next.

"You have to know that I didn't mean to hurt you." The words came out of my mouth. "I'm sorry. I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am. It was never meant to be this way." Her breathing is slow and steady.

"Please wake up. I need you, I know that now. You're the one, Cutie. I don't want anyone else but you." A tear runs down my face.

"I can't lose you. So, you need to wake up. Okay? Promise me." My voice breaks while I try to speak clearly.

I stand up from the chair I'm sitting on to kiss her forehead. Just as I go to sit back down, I study her beautiful face. A tear falls down the side of her face. She can hear me.

"Elena, I love you."

---

A/N: She's not pregnant! Woohoo! How do you think Elena's going to react when she wakes up? IF she wakes up?  

Honestly, I was legit just fingerling over this book. I reread some chapters and it gave me chills. Holy moly, when I first started writing this, I never thought it would be somewhat of a success, but here we are with almost 7k reads. It truly amazes me, so thank you for reading. <3