13. Keep Away From Her

Chapter Thirteen

I couldn't sleep. Not an hour or even a minute. It was 6:25am and I hadn't slept a bit. I had five more minutes before the alarm clock would go off but it was dragging on for ages. I knew this day would be horrible; I mean I was quite sure people knew by now that I and no sleep wasn't a good combination. Especially lack of 24 hours sleep. 

As my phone went off with its usual alarm tune I quickly turned it off and got out of bed. The pain in my ribs was thankfully getting better and better with each day. I took a quick shower and threw on a crop top just long enough to cover the bandages and black skinny jeans. I slipped on a pair of black heeled ankle boots. I then grabbed my bag and made my way downstairs. It was a Tuesday so my parents were already at work. I kind of felt sorry for them, but I guess that was life.

~***~

"Oi! Jones!" I turned at the sound of my name being called.

I smiled at the site of my best friend's boyfriend. "Josh!"

He jogged up to me and hugged me softly. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Football match with your team." He said obviously.

"First time I'm hearing about this." I shrugged. 

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm good. Much better. Have you seen him?" I asked as Josh's face dropped.

"No. Apparently has staying at a friend's. He won't pick up any calls or answer messages." He sighed.

"I'm sorry Josh—"

"No Hannah. Don't be. It's all his fault. But as long as you are alright everything's fine. You being better is most important now." He ruffled my hair. He was like an older brother to me even though he was only a year older.

"So, how you and Layna?" I wriggled my eyebrows leaning on my car.

"Couldn't be better." He grinned.

Nawh. "I'm so happy for you guys. You better treat her right!"

"Come on, you know me Hannah. I will. "He laughed. "How's you and Kyle?"

Suddenly my throat dried up. I looked at him blankly as he stared back confused. I quickly corrected him. "Luke. I'm with Luke."

He noticed how uncomfortable I felt. "Right. Luke. How's you and Luke?" He asked quickly.

Why was I feeling so weird? All he did was get two names confused and at the sound of me and Kyle being together got my heart raising and my throat dry up. No Hannah no. You can't have feelings for Kyle. Don't go that twat!