18. Neighbour after Date

Chapter Eighteen

School had finished before I knew it and I was rushing home to have enough time to get ready for the double date in the evening.

For some reason I was really nervous.  Maybe because me and Luke hadn't really had a proper date and with all the shit going around about me and Kyle, things weren't the best.

But I really liked Luke and I wasn't going to let that go.

As 7pm approached I took a final look in the mirror. I had put on a bandeau type peachy orange dress. With black lace bust. I put on black platform pumps that made me taller than I was really and decided to go for a black Michael Kors handbag instead of a clutch. 

Just as a brushed my hair back, the doorbell rang and I knew it was Luke. I ran downstairs nearly killing myself in the heels, before appearing in front of my boyfriend.

His eyes widened as I smiled which made my cheeks burn. "You look so hot." 

I smiled slightly before shouting a goodbye to my mum and leaving the house. As I closed the door, an engine was cut off and as I looked in the direction of the sound I saw Kyle get off his bike like freaking model.

His gaze caught mine as he then broke it to look me up and down. Did he just check me out?

He then looked back into my eyes and put on his crooked smile. "You look beautiful."

I felt myself blush as I bit my lip. Luke's hold on my hand tightened and Kyle noticed it, looking down at our interlocked hands and smirking. 

"I'll see you later." He winked at me before turning on his heels and unlocking his front door.

Once we were in the car I realised what an idiot I am. The only reason Kyle called me beautiful and winked at me was because he hated Luke and wanted to make him jealous. And I was naive enough to believe what he said. But then again, I was flattered that he called me beautiful. It was just the contrast between Luke's 'hot' and Kyles 'beautiful' that made it that bit more special. I just felt more appreciated being called beautiful than hot.

"Hannah, this isn't okay." Luke snapped me back to reality.

"What?" I asked confused. We were already driving. 

"The way Kyle acts when we're together. It just irritates me so much."

"Luke—"

"Hannah, you don't see the way he looks at you. And it makes me so bloody jealous because you're my girlfriend and I'd love to have you all for myself but I feel like he's trying to take you away." Luke sighed looking at the road.

What did he mean, the way he looks at you.

"Luke, don't think of it that way. I'm with you. You're my boyfriend." I put my hand on his shoulder.