38. Date Night With A Twist

Chapter Thirty-Eight

"Well tonights going to be interesting." I said to Mia as we both blocked out the sound of our geography teachers voice.

"Yeah, or it could be a disaster.  I mean, the idea sure is original."

"I just hope they've got each one planned out because if we miss out on something I swear, I'll kill both of them." I threatened.

"I'm with you on that one! I'm a girl who lurves her food!" Mia laughed. "So what are you wearing tonight?"

I shrugged. That was a good question. "There you go. That's the thing they didn't think through.  Our dress code." 

"If I end up looking like a twat, I'm not forgiving Jake." Mia told me.

"Don't worry, I'll have your back. Why dont you come over after school and we can get ready together?" I suggested. 

Mia smiled. "Sounds great."

~***~

"So have you ever been on a double date before?" Mia asked me as I pulled on my fluorescent green crop top.

I shook my head. "Nope. Have you?"

Mia alao shook her head. "No. But we do go out a lot."

"Yeah I mean it's impossible to meet up with either of you nowadays." I joked.

"Well I love spending time with Jakey and I love him, so there's nothing stopping us." She shrugged.

I sighed, sliding into my python print skirt. "You guys are so in love. I'm jealous."

Mia looked at me in aw. "Han, your time will come."  She looked me up and down. "And, Kyle's eyes will pop out of those sockets when he sees you like this."

"Thank you Mia. But its really nothing special." I told her.

"Oh please—" Mia was interrupted by the doorbell.

"Thats the boys." I pointed out. I quickly slipped on my bright green pink and grey air max's and grabbed my bag. "Ready?" I asked Mia. She nodded grabbing her own bag. I looked at her outfit, I pretty figure hugging coral coloured dress with a leather jacket and black high heels. "You look lovely." I told her. 

"Thank you Han." 

I smiled before making my way downstairs and to the door. This was going to be an interesting date.

~***~

We arrived at our destination which was a local grill bar only 15 minutes away from my house.