40. Business Thing

Chapter Forty

"HANNAH? HANNAH GET UP ALREADY." I was woken up the next morning to the beautiful sound of my mum screaming at me.

I groaned, while squinting my eyes trying to adhust them to the light. "What time is it?"

"Four." My mum replied sternly opening my curtains to let more daylight in.

"Four?!" I asked. "Why are you waking me up at four in the bloody morning?!"

"Afternoon Hannah. You've been asleep all day." My mum explained. "What time did you even come home?"

I shrugged, sitting up in my bed. "Like, three in the morning."

"Well you've had 13 hours of sleep. Now get up and get ready." My mum said.

"For what?" I asked.

"We're going out with the O'Connors remember?" 

I groaned. "Another business dinner?"

"Indeed." My mum nodded. "And we're leaving in an hour so I expect you to get up."

I swore under my breath,  jumping out of my hed and running into the shower.

Once I was out I did my hair and chose my outfit carefully.  I mean, I was in a relationship but I still wanted to look nice infront of Joey. I went for a nude coloured pencil skirt and a black floral devore high neck crop top, with a pair of black Giuseppe Zanotti high heel sequened sandals.

I walked downstairs, for once proud of my appearance.  "Wheres dad?" I asked my mum.

"In the car, you can go join him while I lock up." She told me. I did so, walking out the house, but as soon as I was outside a heard a wolf whistle. I spun on my heels to face the person.

"Hello princess,  aren't you looking fancy." Kyle smiled, coming up to the fence.

I laughed. "Yeah I'm going out to a business thing with my parents." I told him before giving him a kiss over the fence.

"You're dads giving us the look." Kyle laughed, parting from me. "You look beautiful. Have fun." And with that he backed away, got on his motorbike and drove off.

I made my way to the car. "Thanks for making it awkward dad." I said as I took my seat.

My dad chuckled. "He's a good guy."

"Yeah,he is." I agreed. 

"Well he better be, because if I ever find out that he's hurt my little girl, the young fella better run as fast as he can and hide in the furthest cave he can find." My dad threatened.

"I'm sure he likes you too dad." I laughed, even though I knewit wasn't a joke.

~***~

"Hannah!" Joey got out of his seat as soon as I entered the restaurant to greet me. "You look beautiful." He said as he hugged me.

"Thank you Joey." I smiled. "Not too bad yourself." He smiled before pulling my chair out for me, which was next to him of course. As our parents started their own business conversation, Joey and I decided to catch up. "So how have you been?" I asked. "I'm sorry I didn't say goodbye when you left my party, I just didn't know when you left."

"Yeah, I err.." He bit his lip nervously. "I just had to leave early."

I nodded, not really sure whether I should ask why.

"I had fun though." He reassured.

"Well at least you got that much out of it." I laughed.

"Oh and I got the pleasure to meet your lover?" He added.

"You met Kyle?" I asked, slightly nervous,  remembering the fight me and Kyle had at the party which was over Joey. Joey nodded with pursed lips. "How did that go?" I wasn't sure whether I actually wanted to know.

"Lets just say, I never knew a guy could be so protective over a girl that he wasnt even going out with because he had his own girlfriend." Joey explained.

My eyes widened. "He threatened you?! I will kill that boy!"

"No Hannah. No need." Joey laughed nervously. "I'm a big boy, I can stand up for myself."

I sighed disapprovingly. "Wait, what did you say to him that pissed him off so much?"

"Err, I err, I cant remember." He told me.

I cocked an eyebrow. "Joey, you're such a bad liar."

He sighed. "Fine. He asked me whether I liked you."

"And you said?"

"What do you think I said Hannah? I said yes. And at the time I actually thought there was a chance of you liking me back. I like you Hannah,  I mean, how could I not? You're pretty, funny, confident, smart, hot." He laughed nervously as I smiled. "I'm sorry, I don't want this to effect our friendship."

I smiled again. "Thats really sweet of you Joey. I mean, you're a great looking, smart guy,  but actually, I'm with Kyle." I found the last few words harder to tell him than I expected. 

"You are?" Joey didn't hide how surprised he was. I nodded. "Well if that's what you want, then I'm happy for you Hannah."

I smiled, giving him a hug. "Thank you Joey." I didn't feel awkward whatsoever around Joey, even after what he just told me. "Friends?"

Joey nodded with a grin. "Friends."