37. Just Stay

Chapter Thirty-Seven

Dread. Nerves. Butterflies in stomach. Panic. 

Those were the four things that I was feeling all at once on the Tuesday morning.  It was the morning during which I'd enter school holding hands with the Kyle Richards. And there was no way that wouldn't make me nervous. I mean, I was nervous just being alone with him, never mind being with him in front of the whole school.

"Take a chill pill Han."

I sighed, as I refocused on my breakfast. "Please mum, don't try to be 'cool'."

My mum rolled her eyes. "Huney you've got nothing to worry about."

"You've either had a really different childhood or you obviously never attended high school." I told her.

"Hannah, you know very well that I attended high school. It was the same bloody one." That was true. Both my parents met in high school, the same one I was attending. "What I'm trying to say, is you really like this guy right?" I nodded. "Well then you shouldn't give a monkey's ass about anyone else. Live your life Hannah. You've only got one. Don't let someone else live it for you." I contemplated my mothers 'inspirational' speech as she kissed my hair. "Okay, I gotta go. Lock up the house. I'll see you later." I waved, putting my plate in the sink and rushing upstairs. 

Most girls that went out with Kyle changed automatically from  day to day, trying to be better than the girl before.  Trying to impress. I promised myself that I wouldn't be like those girls. If Kyle was going to like me, he was going to like me for who I really was, not for who I was pretending to be.

So I decided to go with a Balmain Bird print top and a pair of rolled ripped jeans. I quickly slipped on a pair of black chelsea boots, grabbed my bag and was ready to go just as the doorbell rang.

I ran downstairs and opened the door to be met by a smirking Kyle. "Damn, you look good in just about anything."

I cracked a smile at the compliment. "Good morning to you too Kyle." My sarcasm was obvious as I stood on my toes to kiss him. "And you obviously haven't seen me just after I wake up."

Kyle chuckled. "The time for that will come." He winked placing another kiss on my lips before taking my hand. "Come on, we're taking the motorbike today."

I grinned from excitement, as I raced to the machine, Kyle's faint chuckle filling my ears.

~***~

"You can let go now princess." Kyle murmured.

I looked up to meet his eyes. "I don't want to."

He unwrapped my arms from his waist and twisted his body so he was facing me, still sitting on the motorbike. "You're scared."