32. Shopping Trip

Chapter Thirty-Two

Thank god for the rule of half terms. It was the best feeling to wake up on a Monday knowing there was no school not only for that day but for the rest of the week.

Instead, I got to go out shopping with two of my best friends.

"So what are you going to do about him?" Layna asked eyeing a red lacy dress.

I shrugged. "Nothing. What's the point? He's a guy from a completely different world of his own where there's no place for me."

Casey sighed. "Hannah, you're going to end up falling for him, you know that right?"

"She's right." Layna said. "I mean, you already said you have feelings for him."

"Yeah I do, and now I'm going to do everything I can to prevent them from developing." I told them, taking my bunch of clothes and going into the fitting room. 

As I walked out in the first outfit I twisted. "What do you think guys?" 

Casey grinned. "It's great, you should wear that on Wednesday."

"What's on Wednesday?" I asked confused. 

She exchanged a look with Layna. "We're throwing a party."

"Who's we're?" I asked suspiciously. 

"Us three." Layna's index finger made a kind of triangle between the three of us.

Automatically I shook my head wildly. "No guys, it's not happening."

"Aw Hannah! Why do you have to spoil the fun?" Casey groaned.

I shrugged. "I'm not, you guys do what you like, but I'm not throwing or attending any party."

"Why not?"

"Because that'll be too many people at once! I'm not ready yet." I told them. I wasn't ready to face so many people after what happened. It was bad enough when Derek attacked me at the fair, but now I was a victim of abuse for the second time. People would gossip. Whisper. Stare. And possibly laugh. I couldn't deal with that.

"Hannah but this is what you need!" Layna exclaimed.

"Yeah, you need to show those people how strong you are. That you don't give a damn about what they think." Casey added. "Come on Hannah. We'll be at your side the whole night."

"I don't know." I shook my head.

"What if we only invite people that you're comfortable with?" Layna suggested.