47. What Is Wrong With You?

Chapter Forty-Seven

The weekend passed way too quickly and before I knew it, it was Monday. Monday meant school and school meant a lot of things.  It meant boredom. Torture. Seeing Kyle. But also not seeing Joey.

I sighed getting out of bed. It was raining outside, but the thermometer seemed to disagree.

So I went for a casual outfit that could be suited to warmth and coldness, putting on a blue tank over my black skinny jeans and pulling on a black long sleeve fluffy cardigan. After that I slipped on my black leather open toe buckle booties, and I was ready. As I was walking to my car my phone vibrated.

From: Joey

Hey beautiful, I was thinking maybe I pick you up today after school and we can go out and eat or something? xxx

I smiled to myself at the message.

To: Joey

Hey handsome, sounds great. I finish at 4. I'll see you. Xxx

Now the only thing to do was find a lift to school for the morning. So I called Casey.

~***~

"So like, are you and Joey official?" Casey asked as we walked out of our last lesson.

"No Case, but—"

She gasped. "There's a but."

I nodded. "He kissed me."

Caseys eyes just about popped open at the sound of that. "You must be fucking kidding me!" I shook my head. "But you didn't kiss back did you?!" She demanded.

By her reaction I guessed I obviously wasn't meant to. I opened my locker to cover my face. "I did."

I heard a sigh. "That's bad."

"How?" I asked. 

"You just broke up with Kyle—"

"He cheated on me Casey. " I reminded her. "If he's allowed to kiss other girls when he's in a relationship, then how am I not allowed to kiss guys when im out of one?!" I demanded. "Plus I swear you were all for the date yesterday?"

"I know, but I was thinking about it last night. " Casey looked away with another sigh. "I just think its too early Han. I know he cheated but—"

"But? Are you serious Casey?!" I couldn't believe what MY best friend was saying.  "Why are you defending him?!"

Casey shook her head. "I'm not! He's a dick. He hurt my best friend."

I slammed my locker shut. "Well you sure seem like you are." And I stomped off.