16. The Wedding

Chapter Sixteen

As my mum helped me slip on my white with black lace dress on, I realised I wasn't really looking forward to this wedding. I loved my cousin and trust me, I loved weddings, but I just had a bad feeling. 

"What wrong sweetheart?" My mum asked, zipping up my dress.

I sighed. "I have a bad feeling mum."

"What do you mean?"

"I just feel like something's going to go wrong." I told her.

My mum laughed. "Hannah I doubt Claire's going to leave Rob at the altar, they're soul mates!"

I rolled my eyes. "I know. I just mean that... let's just say, this wedding isn't going to be what I personally expect."

"Hannah, it's going to be perfect."

I slipped on my Steve Madden black leather Platform pumps. "Well, I never said it wasn't.

~***~

After the beautiful traditional church ceremony, we were all given the address to a huge elegant mansion where the reception would take place.

Obviously, as soon as we arrived, my parents just showed me our table in case I got lost and once that was done they left to meet other guests. I decided to take a walk through the beautiful garden. It wasn't as easy as I expected in these heels but it could've been worse. 

I contemplated my surroundings. The perfection of everything. The beach wood tables and chairs with the snow white covers and the way each table had a different bright coloured bouquet which complimented each other perfectly. The way each fork and knife had a position and in no circumstance could it change. That little move could ruin the whole effect.

Everything was to another level of perfection and it was magnificent.

As I took a walk I stumbled upon a first cousin of mine who instantly recognised me and ran to me in her glossy stilettos. 

"Hannah!" Damn her voice was awfully high.

"Stephanie!" I smiled trying to put as much enthusiasm as she did. "It's been so long."

"Yeah 5 years is it? Girl, you've changed so much." She looked me up and down smiling as if pleased with my appearance.

I laughed softly. "I can say the same thing about you."

The 10 year old brunette girl with two French plaits and oversized clothes was now a 16 year old pink diva or in other words, a real life Barbie.

I really didn't want to say it, but she was like a more extreme version of Jade. And that hurt because just a few years ago, Steph and I were as close as sisters. Then she moved to Canada and we just drifted apart, but now looking at it, maybe it was for the best.