45. You Fucked Up

Chapter Forty-Five

Later that same day,  Joey had come over with his family, and I told him everything that happened. 

He asked me out for a date on Wednesday night, but I told him that I wasn't ready to date just yet. This was way too early. Instead, we agreed on a 'friendly' dinner.

The next day as I woke up, I got dressed and set off to school. Kyle hadn't been in school the day before. I had to admit I was curious why but I couldn't let it show.

"So today's the day!" Casey exclaimed as I entered our form room.

"What day?" I asked.

"You're going out tonight aren't you?" She grinned with excitement. 

I rolled my eyes. "It's not a date."

"That's what you say, but we'll see." She winked. "Its time to move on."

I sighed. "I know. But I don't want to use Joey for that. He's too good of a friend."

"Thats fine,  I'll find someone else for you."  She reassured. "But I'm still coming over  to help you get ready."

I smiled nodding my head. "You know Case, I don't think I want anyone. I've been through so much shit with guys lately that I've really had enough."

My best friend raised a suspicious eyebrow.  "We'll see if thats what you think after tonight—"

Casey was interrupted by the slamming open of a door.  All the heads turned to the classroom door, where Kyle was standing.

I scanned my eyes over his body. He looked horrible. His hair was a mess, but not the bed hair sexy mess it usually was, instead it was ruffled, flat, with a few odd hairs sticking up. He had an old worn away shirt on, which was completely creased and his jeans were stained and hanging loose at his waist, covering his un laced shoes.

Gasps filled the room as my mouth dropped.  "What happened to him?" I whispered to Casey as we watched him walk over to his seat.

"You happened." Casey muttered. I sighed, seeing him that way hurt. This wasn't like Kyle. Kyle never showed any sign of defeat. "I think your revenge is done." Casey whispered behind me.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well you know how he broke your heart?" Casey asked me. I nodded in reply. "You destroyed him."

I blinked, realising that was true. I destroyed Kyle Richards.

~***~

After school I quickly got ready for my dinner, with the help of Casey. Knowing where we were going, I decided to dress up.