49. Romantic

Chapter Forty-Nine

And so I did because the next day I had a date with him. He told me to dress as I wish and so I actually put the effort in, choosing a rose print cream skater dress, with a light biege cardigan and matched a pair of red court high heels. I was looking forward to this date. I had a really good feeling about it.

"Check you out looking all girly!" My mum teased as I walked downstairs.

I rolled my eyes. "You're over exaggerating."

"I haven't seen you look like this since you were 7 and I was still dressing you up." My mum smiled.

"Mum seriously, its just a date." I told her.

Her smile widened. "So you went with my advise? You're still with Joey?"

I nodded, looking at my phone. "Well, this was a lovely chat but I really have to go. Love you mum." I kissed her cheek just as the doorbell rang.

I ran to open it but my mum was right behind me. "Good morning Joey."

I sighed. "Mum—"

"Good morning Mrs Jones." He smiled politely.

"Joey," I said as my mum was about to speak. "Aren't we late?"

He looked confused at first but then got the hint in my intimidating look. "Yes, I'm very sorry Mrs Jones, but we must go."

"Yes we must! Like right now. Bye mum!" And with that I pushed him out the doorway and shut the door behind me.

He laughed opening the passenger door for me. "What was that about?"

"I just saved you from awkwardness." I told him.

"Your mum is so nice though." He argued, getting in the car.

"Only to a certain point." I told him. "Trust me, I'm your hero."

He smiled at me, turning the engine on. "Yes you are."

~***~

"We're here. " Joey announced.

I looked around. "A park."

He nodded. "We're having a picnic."

I looked at him in awh. "Thats so cute!" 

He chuckled. "I'm glad." He got out the car quickly to open my door for me. He was such a gentleman. He then quickly took a basket and blanket out of the boot, and took mu hand as we walked through the park. Once we had spread out the blanket and sat down, Joey took out two glasses and a bottle of wine.

"Are you serious?" I asked surprised.

He looked at me confused. "Whats wrong?"

"Wine? We're 17." I told him.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't know you don't drink." He exclaimed. 

I laughed. "Oh huney, I drink!"

"Well then—"

"I just didn't expect this to be so... romantic. It's lovely Joey." I leaned over the glasses and placed a kiss on his lips. "Thank you."

"Any day." He smiled. 

Joey was so different to Kyle. I couldn't imagine sitting next to Kyle in a park, in a rosy dress, having a picnic, sipping on a glass of wine. Kyle's dates were more along the lines of, sports, football match, party. And yet I kinda loved that too—- NO HANNAH! STOP! I had to stop thinking about him. Unfortunately, lately I was having a real issue with that. I've been comparing everything with Kyle. Everything Joey did and said was compared to Kyle. This shouldn't be happening. It wasn't fair on Joey.

"Hannah? Hannah are you alright? " Joeys voice snapped me back to reality. 

"Yes, I'm sorry. Just daydreaming." I laughed nervously.

"Am I that boring? " 

"No! This is beautiful Joey. I love it." I kisses him before taking my plate of food.

After we ate, Joey packed the picnic away making me confused. He stood up, sticking his hand out to help me up as I took it.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

He smiled. "You'll see." We sped walked down a rocky pathway and ended up near a pond.  I took a whike to admire the beauty of it and the swans swimming around with their mates.

"You don't cease to amaze me." I told him.

"This isn't even it." he laughed. What else could he have prepared.  He led me to a little dock where a paddling boat was waiting. 

"You must be joking me." I said as he held out his hand to help me into the boat.

"Your reactions make me feel like I've really over done it." Joey said. 

"No no." I shook my head. "I've just never been treated like this."

"What do you mean?" He asked, as he started rowing.

"Well, Joey this is beautiful. Like, no other guy could even think of doing this for a girl." I told him.

"I feel special. " he laughed .

"Well that makes two of us." I smiled.

"Thats cos you are special. " he winked. And thats how I felt around him.