26. Confused

Chapter Twenty-Six

I missed school the next day. I couldn't face him. I couldn't face his girlfriend or my boyfriend knowing what I've done.

Sure, maybe it wasn't even a proper kiss, but our lips touched. Not only did he make the move, but I let him! That's the worst thing.

I needed time for myself. Time to calm down and think things through.

So the next day, instead of going to school like I told my mum I was, I went to a secret hide out of mine.  Yes, I was a seventeen year old girl who had a secret hideout.

It was a place that my grandparents had shown me when I was a little girl, my parents had no idea about it. The only other people that knew about it were Casey and Layna.

My parents didn't know this was the place I went to when I couldn't face anyone or wanted time alone. They just didn't know this place existed.

It was basically a meadow. A grassy green beautiful meadow surrounded with trees and nothing else. The only way to find it would be to first cross a large field using a wooden plank pathway that my grandparents had built for me so that I would never get lost in the tall grass in the field.

The meadow wasn't big, it was quite small, but perfect. I don't think anyone else ever came there which made it even better.

And so that was my destination. I had to dress nicely just like I would to school so that my mum wouldn't realise I was bunking, but in reality I felt like shit and just wanted to stay in my hoodie and sweatpants.

Call me sensitive for letting all this shit get to me and affect me so much, but that's who I am.

I quickly put on a pair of black jeans and a polka dot double layer crop top and a pair of heeled ankle boots. This and my leather jacket should satisfy my mum.

And it did because an hour later I was in the meadows, lying sprawled out on the grass looking up into the sky.

I took a deep breath, the events of the night before filling my head.

What was I thinking? Actually, I obviously wasn't thinking at all!

But, how could I let Kyle do that? I should've moved away as soon as I realised what he was doing. I shouldn't have wanted that— no Hannah!  You DIDN'T want that!

Why did Kyle even make the move? Was it the alcohol? It had to be! I mean, how many times I had to repeat, WE ARE IN RELATIONSHIPS!

Suddenly Casey's and Matts words started filling in.

'I think Kyle Richards likes you.'

'He didn't mean it. He likes you.'