50. Fight

Chapter Fifty

The next day, I was dreading school. In all honesty, after spending such a lovely day with Joey I was scared of seeing Kyle. Not that he would know, but I was just scared that with one look, I would start the comparisons again. I couldn't risk that.

But I couldn't think of that. If I did, I'd go crazy. So instead I decided to go slightly crazy with the outfit for the day going for a pair of red/black tartan, tonal orange tiger print jeans, a black glossy t-shirt, with a black blazer and a pair of black peep-toe booties with corset lacing and gold metal eyelets. It was quite a unique outfit but it made me feel better about the day.

~***~

As soon as I got into school I bumped into Layna and by her reaction I guessed she was looking for me. "Why are you and Casey fighting?"

"Hi to you too." I hugged her. "We're not?"

"Sorry hi. You just know how much I don't like conflicts." She sighed. "You guys aren't talking though."

I nodded, opening my locker. "Thats because she's defending Kyle."

"What?" Layna asked confused.

"I told her I kissed Joey. And she started telling me how its too early and how Kyle cheating on me is somewhat better than me getting over him that fast. I don't even know whats wrong with her, but it's a bit suspicious."I explained,  shutting my locker.

"Congratulations on your kissy kissy with Joey." She teased as we walked to our classroom. "But I must admit thats unlike Casey. She shouldn't be standing up for a guy that cheated on her best friend."

I shrugged. "I may have shouted at her but I just felt like I was being betrayed again."

"Have you tried asking Matt?" Layna asked.

I shook my head. "I doubt he would tell me anything. I mean, not only is he Kyle's best friend but also Casey's boyfriend. If anything,  he'll be even more secretive."

Layna bit her lip. "Thats true. I wish I could help."

"Dont worry about it Lay. I'm giving up with this. I'm happy with Joey and I'm not going to let anyone ruin it." I told her.

She smiled. "I'm glad you're happy."

I nodded, "I am." I felt bad for lying to Layna, but I felt like by lying to her about how happy I am, I was forcing myself to believe it too.

~***~

Thankfully,  I hadn't seen neither Casey nor Kyle for the whole day, and I wasn't complaining. It was the last thing I needed. And to make things better, after school Joey picked me up and took me out for a meal to a local diner.