Chapter 5

Nick's POV

I stop and turn around looking at Desi. Something about me was kind of glad she came after me and didn't go after that jerk called Ryan. But then again my chest felt tight hearing about what he said and how they were talking. I was angry at her for exposing me to that shit. I know she was doing it on purpose. I open my mouth to stay something but I can't... I was so angry I couldn't speak. I couldn't tell her the cuss words jumbled in her head. I couldn't even tell her to stay away from me in case I hurted her.

She looks at Mason and he shrugs leaving the two of us as I get into my car and she follows me.

"Get out." I tell her finally speaking. "Please calm down." She whispers shutting the car door. "Please." Her voice for some reason sooths me. Then I remember that she slept with Douche face.

"You slept with him." I say

"You know what Nick." She says. "I come back and you don't want anything to do with me." She says. Her voice crackes but I don't turn my head to even look at her. "You told me you want nothing to do with me. Now that I am trying to find some kind of distraction-"

"In front of my face?" I say cutting her off.

"You are actually unbelievable- after all that we have been through." She starts

"After all we have been through you still got up and left." I say stopping her. "And after all I've forgiven you for you couldn't do a simple thing. So you know what Nick." She says. "I'm done. I'm absolutely done." She was in full tears as she left the car.

Everything in my body was screaming get out the car and follow her. My body ached for hers. It was such an intense feeling. Two complicate opposite feelings were ripping me apart.

I groan out and get out of my car and walk after her grabbing her arm. I pull her into my chest and kiss her lips. Fuck- it felt like I could literally die.

"You can't do this to me. Tomorrow you'll be screaming at me again." She says pushing me away. "From now on we on the opposite sides." She says as she walks away.

Great.

My phone rings and I look up to the guys in their cars. Waiting for me in case I get it in again with Douche face. I pick up my phone without even checking who it was. Just assumed it was one of the guys

"What?" I snap

"Eh hey. Is this a bad time?" My biological mother says on the line.

"Oh. Zoë." I say surprised.

"Thought if you didn't call me, I'd call you again." She chuckles nervously.

"Eh. Yeah." I say distracted about how once again Desi has crushed my whole entire self.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come to dinner? Or is that too much? Or too soon? I mean we met up 3 times before this and I don't know if you wanna meet my husband or kids but I was scared you would say no but-"

"You're rambling." I say not following

"Sorry." She says

"Dinner when?" I ask

"Tomorrow?" Zoë says. "You can bring your girlfriend." She says and I look at the space Desi disappeared from. "We broke up."