Chapter 9

Mason's POV

"Im so hungry. I want my cheese sticks." Cleo says

"Hey. How come Nick is gone so long. Its been an hour and a half. The store is 5 minutes away." I say looking at the time. We sat around the living room playing poker.

"Let me see." Tim says opening his laptop. "Guys." He says. "He's been in the parking lot for an hour now. Maybe something happened."

"Ryan?" CJ says. "He wouldn't. He's under strict orders of Naomi." Liam says. "She wouldn't would she?"

"Never." I say

"Maybe he is chatting up some girl?" CJ says. "Oh crap." Tim says. "The security cameras of the store's parking lott just shot off as soon as Nick walked out the store." He says getting up.

"Fuck." I scramble to my feet knowing something went wrong. "Damn it." I say as we all get in to our cars.

Liam gets in my car with Tim as CJ and Cleo drive seperate. The worst scenario was that something happened and he was already out of it. He was already bruised and battered."

"Great." I mumble getting out of the car seeing a bag and some groceries all over the floor next to Nick's car. "Has he been taken?"

"No." Tim says running up to Nick's lifeless body on the floor. "Fuck." I shout falling to my knees next to his body. "Is he breathing?" CJ says.

"Yeah. He is. But he is bleeding from the side of his head and his mouth."

"Who the fuck did this?" Liam says as I pick Nick up with him and put him in the car. "He needs the hospital." Cleo pannicks. We take him into the hospital carrying him and they admit him mostly immediately. This was not good. He was barely breathing. His whole face was covered in blood. Worst sight ever to see my little brother in.

"This better not be Ryan." I say pacing the hospital halls as Naomi walks through the door. "Its not. Ryan was with me all day."

"Guys I got the back cameras of the residents house. But its just a fucking blur. Its like shadows no faces." Tim says as he sat on the chairs in the waiting room.

I watch the clip as Nick approaches the guy at his car. He shoves him and Nick loses his shit.

"There were three guys." I say seeing the other approaching. They held him back as he punched his guts out. I'm killing him. Nick grabs the two guys holding him back and hits their heads together.

"Ouch." CJ and Cleo say at the same time. My little brother was good. As he punched the shit out of the guy, the other one got up and grabbed the batt. I shut Tim's laptop before I could see this guy smashing my little brothers head in with a bat?

"Ryan wouldnt." Naomi tells me and I roll my eyes. "Fuck Ryan. Naomi my little brother is dying." I snap at her. "Fuck- I need to call my parents." I say sighing.

"Its midnight- are they even awake?" Liam ask.

"Well theyre going to be pissed if I call them tomorrow?"

"Right." CJ says. "Start calling. You've got a huge family." I sigh walking out of the doors to call my mom first.

"Mason?" My mom says answering. She sounded like she just woke up.