Chapter 38

Nick's POV

I wasn't sure how I felt about this weekend away with my family. The last time the all of us spend more than 2 days together was when we were like 12 before dad went to prison. Since then we only see eachother through the day and Mason and I are off and so is Luke and Alex. I couldn't sleep last night. My sleep has become worse and worse and I knew sometime I needed to start medication again but not now. I just wanted to be a normal guy who didn't have to worry about chemical imbalance in his mind. I slept a lot during the day since I couldn't sleep at night and everyone was wondering why I was always sleeping. Mason noticed I was up all night when he came in late last night and saw me playing video games to avoid seeing a dead guy in my dreams and my birth mother being raped.

"This is weird. I gotta admit." Mason says snapping me out of my thoughts as he puts his bag in the car. "Our family hasn't spend 3 full days together day and night."

"Yeah." I shrug. "Exciting." I sarcastically say. "Drop that attitude. You know moms excited to have us all around." He says. "So just for 2 and a half days. Keep yourself in check."

"I'll try." I say rolling my eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at me." He says getting in the car and I just laugh at him. I was in a better mood than Mason today. He was moping around all morning. I think the plus side of me being in a good mood is that it takes me a while to bring me down but whenrh I get down its worse than if I'm in a bad mood. Im glad I acknowledged this. We get this whole trip started and get Desi first. Then we get Luke since Alex was still at home with the twins he was driving with them two to the Hamptons. We get to Desi's apartment and outside she stood talking to two blondes. One was just my brother and the other that girl that thought she was like my parents or something.

"Oh for Gods sake. Why is she here?" I say and Mason chuckles. "Yeah this weekend is going alllllll the way wrong." He says. "Luke didn't even tell you did he?" Mason says and I shake my head. "Just ignore her. Don't be disrespectful- you can't be rude to his girl." Mason says and I get out the car grabbing the attention of all three. Luke had his arm around Tamara as she smiled and joked around. As soon as she saw me the smiles disappeared and she looked back at Luke avoiding eye contact. Desi looks at me and smiles. "Hey babe." She says hugging me. She was being extra sweet because she knew I already had a drop in my good mood seeing this blonde girl here. "Hey." I say as she kisses my lips.

"They thought it would be a good idea to just meet here instead of you getting Luke after." What annoyed me the most was Luke out of this situation. Who came to check me but did not check his girl. Your girlfriend shouldn't be running her mouth to me. Mason gets out the car standing next to me all of a sudden.

"Great plan." I tell Desi sarcastically.

"What's up guys." Mason says and Tamara hugs him. She wanted to make it a point that they were cool I guess? "So we ignoring now?" Luke says and I look at him. "Just squash it right now." Mason says. "If you guys ruin this trip for mom I'm not gonna be happy."

"You know I don't ruin shit." Luke says.

"An the implication of that is?" I say looking at my little brother. I know I'm older and I'm supposed to be the bigger person but he really was testing me. "That you are the one who ruins things." Luke says and I look at Mason. "Okay. Dude- cut it out. Lets just forget it all. You guys all seem to want some validation." Mason says. "All I want is for him to stop being disrespectful to Tamara."

"How about her minding her own business."

"She's my friend that was my business." Tamara says

"Then speak to her. Don't come to me like you know me." I say looking at her.