Chapter 7

My body hurt, as though I'd been crushed from all sides. My next thought was to inspect what was wrong but I was so comfortable that I didn't want to get up. The bed was super soft and the blanket thick and warm.

What?

I pushed myself and got up despite the way my muscles ached. The room was absolutely stunning. Grey walls were illuminated by lamps throughout and dark mahogany furniture was spread across the room. There was a connecting room to my left and I could make out a study table.

A door stood directly opposite me. To my right was a wide closet, taking up half of the wall. Besides the closet was a huge window taking up the rest of the wall and moonlight shone through. All in all, it looked regal. It wasn't hard to make out that I was in a palace.

The door opened and Dominic stepped out. His hair was wet so I figured it was the bathroom. He was wearing a simple white shirt and black pants.

"I see you're awake."

"Do you mind telling me how?" My voice was raspy.

"My healers managed to get the remaining poison out." He answered.

"You've got good healers."

"How are you feeling?" He came to sit besides me on the bed. My heart went wild when I breathed in his fresh smell.

"You're tanned!" I blurted out. His stubble was gone as well.

"I've been working." He chuckled.

"Is this your room?"

"I thought you were smarter than that." He got off the bed.

So arrogant!

"Come on. You haven't eaten in 3 days."

"I've been asleep for three days?"

"Do you always act like a simpleton ?"

I wanted to hit something. Preferably him. Getting off the bed, I realised that my clothes had been changed. I was in a large silk shirt and I suspected it was his. The pants fit surprisingly well though.

"Who dressed me?" I asked, following him into the study.

"Maids." He answered, leading me to a huge door. It was the only entry to the room and I suspected it was done for safety purposes.

"Oh." that meant strangers had seen me naked.

"Disappointed that it wasn't me?" He questioned as we stepped into a hallway.

I had no reply to that and stared at him like an idiot. A blushing idiot. I wanted to come up with a smart answer but couldn't think of anything and so I kept shut.

"Speechless, are we?" he taunted, dryly.

Damn it!

"There you are!" Leo came rushing from the other side of the hallway and I gave him a smile. He had great timing.

"What is it?" Dominic asked.

"This might take a while." Leo said and turned to me, "Good to see some colour on that face."

I frowned.