Chapter 19 - Exit (2)

Random update. Since I still have some work to do, it's possible Friday's upload will be rather late.

Enjoy!!!

__________________

Bandit POV:

Our bandit group: Bloodred Rings, was established 1 year ago.
We succesfully robbed and killed many people during that time, and rose up in the underworld ranking.
Too strong for normal adventurers to take us on, but too weak for high-level ones to bother wiping us out.
It was honestly a perfect situation.

Some weeks ago, we were even able to steal a prized sword from a high official's house. The sword obviously went to me, the leader. With the money we found, we were able to buy some good slaves which we locked up in our hide-out.

But, I have never felt as powerless as right now. Two hooded people, a man and a woman were casually immobilizing all our members while talking in some fancy language I didn't know.

Why did this happen?

I didn't even have the chance to play with the slaves, and we were already being subjugated. In desperation, I ran towards the man who had two strong-looking swords on his back but didn't use them. Were we so powerless in front of him he didn't even need to use his swords?

That single thought really pissed me off. I unsheathed my stolen sword, Blazing Strike, and swung full power towards the guy. I even used mana to use the hidden ability of the sword so that blazing hot flames erupted from the blade.

"Take this!!!", I yelled.

My strong swing was abruptly stopped as the guy put a single finger on the blade.

"Shut up, you're being too loud for an ant", he said in an ice-cold voice.

How was this possible? That's a Rare-rank sword you know! How can you possibly stop that?

Those were my last thoughts before the man shot out white threads to bind me and cover my mouth.

Toru's POV: 

"Why are they so weak?", Ilya asked me.

"Well, for the average human, I guess they're quite strong...", I answered, although I was really disappointed as well. They're way too weak...

I ripped off the bandit leader's mouth cover and wanted to ask something but was interrupted.

"What were you talking about? If it's about killing us, just take me but spare them, they're still young...", the bandit requested.

The reason they couldn't understand us was because Ilya and me used Ancient Draconic to speak. We decided to do so, because Ilya doesn't speak the human language and this language wasn't spoken anymore, since dragons had long since died out. This way, we shouldn't be exposed as demons.

"I'm sorry, but when I decide to kill one of you, I'll kill all of you. I don't like loose ends", I answered in human language. "But if you answer my questions thruthfully, I might let you live".

"Ah, of course, that's only logical. I'll answer the truth and the thruth alone" The bandit clung onto his last strand of hope.

"Well then, first question. Where is your hideout?"

"About 300 meters east, sir", the bandit said. I could find their hide-out easily by checking the air currents using [Divine Eye], but I wanted to test his thruthfulness. It looked like he didn't lied.