Chapter 35 - Tooruuu~

"Mnnn~"

A soft groan came from my left side waking me up. Through my slightly opened eyes, I could see a pair of legs on both my left and right side, one short, the other a bit longer. The blanket we laid under had already fallen on the ground, and bright golden light pierced the closed curtains in front of our window. 

I turned my head slightly and saw Maria tightly hugging me, with her head on my left arm. To my other side, Ilya embraced my right arm, while wrapping her legs around mine. Neither one of them looked like they'd wake up soon, so I just lay down quietly, waiting.

'I'm wondering if the Royal family will give me the reward I want...'

'With a bit of luck, they'll ask me to help exterminate the Demon King. That'd be nice. This mark Sinctar gave me might be enough to get myself an army... If I subdued the guy, I should be able to get some large areas of land for myself...'

Thoughts like these flashed through my mind, before Ilya finally showed some intention of getting up. Her hair fell in front of her face when she looked up at me. Seeing I was already awake, she smiled faintly before laying back down, hugging me even tighter than before.

'Oy, oy, you should get up you know?', I thought by myself, but I couldn't bring myself to say that to her who seemed to be happy to be able to sleep.

"Ffff..."

I let out a long sigh and closed my eyes once again. Hearing the distant bustling of the streets and the whistling of a bird outside our window, I fell asleep again.

-

*Knock**knock*

A soft knocking on the door instantly woke me up, as I hadn't expected anyone to bother us after the message I left yesterday. Without making a sound, I gently escaped the grasp of the still asleep Maria and Ilya, and laid their cloaks on them. Then, I shifted my attention to the door, where no sound had rang out since the first knock.

"Who is it?"

Following my voice, an exhilarated female voice rang out:

"Hahaha, didn't I tell you he'd be here? I knew it! Now, praise me, go on then, praise me"

Almost having to puke from the haughtiness of the voice, I recognised the voice.

"Aristasia...?"

"Yaaa!! Husband, it's me! You didn't expect that did'ya? Hehehe, no need to fall into tears, just hugging and praising me would suffice for now!"

"What the...", I mumbled.

With a mood that worsened every second, I opened the door and pulled the two persons in front of the door inside before slamming the door shut.

Because of the force I used to pull them, Aristasia fell down on the floor head first. Hiruyis, who had come with Aristasia flew for a short while before crashing into the wall on the opposite side of the room.

"Didn't I tell you to wait for me in the forest?!"

My voice was soft, but carried some killing intent. Neither Aristasia nor Hiruyis was able to speak because of it.

I looked away, and turned towards the bed. Both Ilya and Maria seemed to be still asleep. I couldn't help but be astounded by their ability to sleep.

"What're you doing here?"

I lessened the pressure on both Aristasia and Hiruyis.

The spider queen looked like she'd cry quite soon.
"Husband,... I..I just missed you... and I wanted to-"

"Then", I interrupted her," What if you got attacked when coming here? Do you think there really is no way to deal with you?"

I turned around once again and faced the both of them with a sad smile:
"I decided it might endanger our situation if you'd just come here, so I told you I'd come look for you. On top of that, you only needed to wait for a single day. If you can't even do something as easy as that... how do you expect to travel with me? To safeguard you, I need to know where you are. If you just run around 'cause you want to, it can be dangerous for the whole group. Since we still have the most difficult part ahead of us. Can you carry the whole well being of our group? You have the strength for that?"

Facing my monologue, which I said with a calm face, Aristasia and Hiruyis realised. They couldn't. Although they were really strong, especially Aristasia, they couldn't fight whole armies of hundreds of thousands or even millions at once.
They simply couldn't.

Not knowing what to say, Aristasia looked at her own feet. As a queen, she had never been reprimanded like this before.

"Master, this lowly one apologies from the bottom of his heart. I should've known better and have not come. Therefore, I'll accept any punishment"

"Heh, I also know you weren't able to stop Aristasia. You don't need to defend her. She's old enough to take responsibility for her own act-"

"Waaaahhh~"

Suddenly, a loud scream came from Aristasia as she jumped up and tightly hugged me.

"I-I-I'm so..so..sorryyyyyyyy"

Tears appeared in her eyes.

"I-I-I've b-been bad so..so...so, Husband, I'm so-o-o-orryyyyyy"

Her sobbing got louder and louder and started to annoy me.
Just as I was about to push her away, the noise of someone turning around underneath blankets reached my ears, followed by a high, yet weirdly sinister voice:

"Tooruuuu~, who's that woman?~"

'Sh*t'