Chapter 15: Ice Pick

++++++

Over at school gym class, Coach had set up a climbing wall and told them that they were race in pairs to the top. Right now, it was Scott and Allison going up the wall. They were supposed to be racing but the two of them weren't rushing. They were savoring their time together even if they were discussing the creature they saw at the Lahey House.

"Ten bucks that Scott will beat Allison." Stiles whispered to Sabrina as they watched Scott and Allison. "You're on." she whispered as they shook hands.

Suddenly, Allison kicked at Scott's footing and he started to fall for the mat at the bottom. Everyone in the gym laughed when Scott made it to the bottom. The harness stopped him from hitting the ground but then let him go a moment later to fall the rest of the way.

"I can't believe I lost the bet." Stiles mumbled as Sabrina smirked. "I can. You owe me ten dollars." "I know." he groaned.

Coach was laughing as he sat next to him. "McCall, I don't know why but your pain gives me a special kind of joy," he said before pointing to his chest. "Right here." He then looked out to the class. "Alright! Next two. Stilinski. Erica. The wall."

Stiles looked at Sabrina and smiled before walking over to the wall. He looked over to where Erica Reyes was standing next to him as they looked up at the wall. While Stiles was climbing, Sabrina couldn't help but admit how hot he looked as his muscles flexed as he climbed up.

"You okay?" asked Allison as she stood next to Sabrina. "What?  Of course I am." she said as her attention was still focused on her boyfriend. "He's making you hot now...isn't he?" Allison teased while Sabrina cleared her throat. "Maybe..."

"I still don't see what you see in him." said Lydia as Allison and Sabrina turned to Lydia. "What? I don't, but the only thing I see is that he makes you really happy." she admitted as Sabrina smiled. In the beginning of their sophomore year, Lydia didn't approve of Sabrina dating Stiles but now...she had.

The three giggled and Sabrina noticed that Stiles had reached the top. He then started to rapidly scale the wall back until his feet hit the mat. Coach gave him an approving nod to which Stiles raised his arms up in victory.

Sabrina smiled big and clapped but shortly stopped when she heard panting. She looked up to see that Erica was stuck at the wall and couldn't move any further.

"Help, please," she panted out.

"Erica!" Coach called out. "What's wrong? Dizzy? Is it vertigo?" Lydia narrowed her eyes. "Vertigo's a dysfunction of the vestibular system of the inner ear. She's just freaking out."

Sabrina looked back up at Erica before she let a breath loose. She could smell Erica's fear and discomfort coming off from her up there.

"Erica." Coach called out again. "I'm fine." she answered. Allison looked over at Coach. "Uh, Coach, maybe it's not safe. You know she's epileptic." Coach's eyes widened. "Why doesn't anyone tell me this stuff? Erica," he called out to her for the third time. "You're fine. Just kick off the wall. There's a mat to catch you. Come on."

Erica took a deep breath and then kicked off from the wall and slowly drifted down. Coach then went over to her. "See? You're fine. You're on the ground. You're all right. Let's go. Shake it off. You're fine." he said in a surprisingly reassuring tone of voice.

" he said in a surprisingly reassuring tone of voice