Chapter 22: Fury

++++++

Scott found Stiles and Sabrina and told them what he had just seen. The sight of Matt with the Kanima at his heel. Stiles took half a minute to say, 'I told you so' to him before they ran off for the jeep.

++++++

The three were not at Stiles' house and in his room with Sheriff Stilinski. Stiles had taken out a school yearbook and turned to the page that had a photo of Matt. Stiles went and furiously circled his picture and name in red and told his dad that he was the guy.

"So this kid's the real killer?" The Sheriff asked in disbelief.

Scott, Stiles and Sabrina nodded. "Yeah," Stiles said. "No," the Sheriff shook his head."Yes," Stiles said more forcefully." The Sheriff folded his arms. "No."

Stiles then got up. "Dad, come on. Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect the victims in a murder okay? So all you have to do is, like, look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common."

"Yeah, expect for the fact that the rave promoter, Kara, wasn't in Harris' class." Sheriff Stilinski said. Stiles exhaled deeply. "All right, okay, you're right sorry. Then I guess they dropped the charges against him?"

Sheriff Stilinski's face tightened a bit as he shook his head. "No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges. But that doesn't prove anything. Scott, Sabrina, do you two believe this?"

They nodded. "Yeah we do." Sabrina said. "It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just gotta trust us. We know it's Matt." Scott said.

Stiles nodded. "Yeah, he took Harris' car, okay? Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victims were in Harris' class, that they'd arrest him."

The Sheriff let out a deep breath. "All right, fine," he said looking at his son. "I'll allow the remote possibility but give me a motive. I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and its coach dead?"

"Isn't it obvious? Our swim team sucks! They haven't won in, like, six years," But Stiles grit his teeth. "Okay, we don't have a motive yet. I mean, come on, does Harris?"

His dad seemed to weight that last statement and felt that perhaps there was come cause for doubt in the case and room for some more investigation. "What do you want me to do?"

Scott, Stiles and Sabrina caught each other's eyes and smiled at this break.

"We need to look at the evidence," said Scott. "Yeah, that would be in the station, where I no longer work," he pointed out to them. "Trust me, they'll let you in." Stiles said confidently.

"Trust you?"

Stiles bit the corner of his lip. "Trust...Trust Scott and Sabrina?" he said pointing to his girlfriend and best friend behind him.

His dad poise loosened. "Scott and Sabrina, I trust."

With that, the four of them took off for the station together.

++++++

Sheriff Stilinski, Scott, Stiles and Sabrina walked into the station and headed for the front desk where the deputy there seemed not too surprised to see them.

"It's two in the morning," she said to the Sheriff. But he kept his poise. "Believe me, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't extremely important." As those two talked, the three teenagers behind them started to talk.

"We look at the hospital stuff first, okay?" Stiles whispered to Scott and Sabrina said. "Why?" Scott said shaking his head. "Because all the murders were committed by Jackson, expect for one, you remember?" Stiles asked. "The pregnant girl, Jessica." Sabrina said. "Yeah. Since Matt had to kill her himself, somebody from the hospital could've seen him." Stiles said.