Chapter 16: Abomination

++++++

Stiles and Sabrina had managed to get the jeep to the garage and together they had been waiting for over an hour. Which was unusually for him since the guy said he could work on it right away for what was wrong with it shouldn't have taken more than a half hour at most. He and Sabrina then went into the garage to see the mechanic with a drill underneath the jeep.

"Hey," Stiles said walking over to him. "Hey! What do you think you're doing? All I needed was a starter." It was clear to him that the guy was doing something to his jeep that had nothing to do with what Erica had snapped off.

"Yeah, but it looks like your whole exhaust system has got to be replaced, too." Stiles let out a frustrated huff. "Why do I get the feeling you're slightly overestimating the damage?" The guy just kept at it. "It's probably gonna run your around, like, 1,200, parts and labor."

Stiles grit his teeth. "Are you kidding?" This guy was starting to swindle him and Sabrina could tell too. "This thing doesn't even have a catalytic converter. And, yes, I know what a catalytic converter is."

The guy finally looked at him. "You know what a limited slip differential is?" Stiles froze. "Uh...No." Stiles said. "Yeah, could run you more, like, 1,500." "A limited slip is a type of automotive differential gear arrangement that allows for some difference in angular velocity of the output shafts, but imposes a mechanical bound on the disparity." Sabrina stated.

Both Stiles and the mechanic froze and started at her in shocked. "Yes, I know what a limited slip differential is. Oh and since I do, why don't you stop taking advantage of my boyfriend and drop the price back to 1,200 or I'll tell your boss what you were trying to do to us."

"Let me guess, straight A student with a 4.0 GPA." "Correct. Let me guess, former athlete, didn't get to live your dream by going pro and ended up here, at a mechanic shop." "Correct." he nodded. "Fine, I'll drop the price back to 1,200." "Good. Pleasure doing business with you." "Okay, just finish. I'll be back here setting with impotent rage." Stiles said as he and Sabrina walked away.

"Hey, why are you mad? I got him to drop the price." "And I'm glad that you did, I'm just mad that I'm gonna lose 1,200 bucks tonight."

Stiles went to go back to the office when his hand caught something on the doorknob. It looked like some kind of...goop. Stiles was disgusted. "Ohh...nice. Real sanitary. Quality establishment you're running here!" he shouted before moving on inside. "Don't touch that Sabrina." His eyes fell to the wall where he saw a picture of the guy in a lacrosse uniform with the number 1 on it. He was smirking in a way that annoyingly resembled Jackson. "Figures," he said with a roll of his eyes. He pulled out his phone to text his father to come to the garage to help him settle this guy's bill when he found his fingers weren't moving. "What the?" He was trying to move them but they weren't bending in the slightest. And, then the stiffness spread to his hands. His phone fell from his palm as Stiles tried to lift his arms but he found them starting to get heavy.

He raised his head to yell to the mechanic when his eyes widened. He caught sight of a clawed hand coming into the low light and soon saw what looked like a giant reptilian...thing. Stiles realized that it was the creature that Scott had told him about. It was here...and it was stalking the mechanic. "Hey," he called out to warn him. "Hey!"

But the creature went over and clawed at the guy's neck. The mechanic reached back and tried to see what did it when he quickly fell down barely a second later.

"Hey!" Stiles said when he saw him fall. "Stiles!" Sabrina cried out as he tried to move to help him when he got only a step out before he himself collapsed. His body was feeling numb and he found that he couldn't move very well. It was like he was stunned or paralyzed. Stiles found that he still had some feeling in his legs and upper arms. He used them to try to push himself across the floor. He moved for the door, close to where his phone had dropped and had a view of the garage.