Chapter 3: Pack Mentality

++++++

"So you killed her? Stiles asked as he and Sabrina kept up with Scott who was walking quickly down the hallways of the school. "I don't know. I just woke up. And I was sweating like crazy and I couldn't breathe. I've never had a dream where I woke up like that before." Scott said. "Really? I have." Stiles admitted. "So have I." Sabrina also admitted. "Usually ends a little differently." Stiles continued. "A, I meant that I've never had a dream that felt that real, and B, never give that much detail about you in bed again." Scott said.

"Noted. Let me take a guess here. Stiles said. "No, I know, you think it has something to do with me going out with Allison tomorrow. Like I'm going to lose control and rip her throat out."Scott said. "No, of course not. Yeah, that's totally it. Hey, come on, it's gonna be fine, all right? Personally, I think you're handling this pretty freaking amazingly. You know, it's not like there's a Lycanthropy for Beginners class you can take." Stiles said.

"Yeah, not a class, but maybe a teacher." Scott said. "Who, Derek? You forgetting the part where we got him tossed in jail?" Stiles asked. "Hey, I'm not the one who got him tossed in jail." Sabrina pointed out. "Yeah, I know, but chasing her, dragging her to the back of the bus, it felt so real." "How real?" Stiles asked. "Like it actually happened." Scott said as the three walked out of the school.

Sabrina, Scott and Stiles stopped in their tracks when they saw a bloody bus from a distance. "I think it did." Stiles said as Scott ran back into the school to find Allison.

++++++

Stiles and Sabrina sat next to each other in Chemistry while Scott sat in front of Stiles. While Mr. Harris wrote down some notes onto the board. Scott turned around, "Maybe it was my blood on the door." "Could have been animal blood. You know, maybe you caught a rabbit or something." Stiles said. "And did what?" Scott asked, afraid of the answer.

"Ate it." Stiles said. "Raw?" Scott asked. "No, you stopped to bake it in a little werewolf oven. I don't know, you're the one who can't remember anything." Stiles said. "It was not animal blood." Sabrina stated as Scott and Stiles stared at her in confusion, "How do you know?" Stiles asked. "I smelled the bus earlier and there was no animal smell at all." "You smelled the-"

"Mr. Stilinski, Mr. and Miss. McCall, if that's your idea of a hushed whisper, you three might want to pull the headphones out every once in a while. I think you and the McCalls would benefit from a little distance, yes?" Mr. Harris said. "No." Stiles said. Mr. Harris pointed at Scott to move seats and he did. "Let me know if the separation anxiety gets to be too much." Mr. Harris said.

"Hey, I think they found something!" a girl shouted as everyone stood up from their seats and ran towards the windows. Everyone watched a dead body being put in an ambulance.

"That's not a rabbit." Scott said. "Told you guys." Sabrina sang.

Suddenly, the dead body jumped up and screamed. Everyone jumped back from the window as they kept watching the EMTs hold down the screaming man.

"This is good. He got up, he's not dead. Dead guys can't do that." Stiles said. "Stiles, Sabrina...I did that."

++++++

"But dreams aren't memories." "Stiles is right Scott." Sabrina admitted. "Then it wasn't a dream. Something happened last night, and I can't remember what." Scott said as the three sat down at an empty  lunch table. Sabrina and Stiles sat down together while Scott sat across from them.

"What makes you so sure that Derek even has all the answers?" Stiles asked. "Look at Sabrina. She and Derek, during the full moon, haven't changed. They were both in control while I was running around in the middle of the night attacking some totally innocent guy." Scott said. "You don't know that." Stiles said. "I don't not know it. I can't go out with Allison. I have to cancel."