Chapter 23: Battlefield

++++++

Sabrina was in her room getting ready for school. She grabbed her backpack before walking out of her room and bumped into Scott.

The two were quiet as they stared at each other. They both knew that they needed to talk to their mom about what she saw that night at the station.

The twins stood in front of their mom's bedroom door.

"Mom." Sabrina said softly.

"Mom, we're gonna have to talk about this eventually." Scott said.

The two didn't hear their mom say anything and they sighed. "Okay. We're going to school now." "We love you." Scott and Sabrina said in unison before leaving.

On the other side of the door, Melissa placed her hand on the doorknob, wanting to see her twins but she couldn't at the moment. Truth be told, she was a bit scared of them because of what she saw that night at the station. How different Scott and Sabrina looked...even Derek looked like them but one thing was different about them...they all had different eye colors.

++++++

Sabrina sat on a large rock at the lookout point in the Preserve, looking at the lights in Beacon Hills. She had a tough day at school and it was now night time. She didn't feel like going home where her mom won't even look at her or Scott in the eye.

Sabrina sighed. She felt her cell phone vibrate in her pocket. She pulled it out. She had six text messages from Scott, two from Derek and Isaac, and fifteen from Stiles.

She didn't feel like talking to any one of them and placed her phone back into her pocket as she continued looking out to the scenery in front of her.

Sabrina huffed when she smelled a familiar scent fill the air. She didn't even bother turning around as she felt the person sit down next to her. The two were quiet.

"Whenever my dad came home drunk, I would sneak out of my window and come here to be away from everyone. I would just look out at the city and all of my problems would go away in that moment.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Isn't that what you're doing?" Sabrina turned to the person and was met with Isaac who was looking at her already. "Looking out at the city to make all of your problems go away...that is what you're doing, right?"

Sabrina didn't say anything and turned back to the scenery. Isaac smirked at her stubbornness. "I knew it." Sabrina rolled her eyes and nudged Isaac's side as the two softly smiled.

"What's wrong?" Isaac asked. He was genuinely concerned for Sabrina right now.

"Well, let's see, I was held at gunpoint the other night, I got shot by Matt, my mom found out that Scott and I are werewolves and won't talk to us, I haven't talked to Stiles since that night, my twin betrayed me by telling everything to Gerard and Allison told me today at school to stay away from her so basically the whole universe hates me."

"Not the whole universe...I don't hate you." Isaac said as Sabrina looked at him. In that moment, even though she wanted to be alone, she was glad that Isaac was here with her. The two were supposed to hate each other since they were in different packs but the two were beginning to form a friendship with each other.

"I don't hate you either." Sabrina said making Isaac smile. He stood up and held his hand out to her. "Come on." She sighed and took his hand as he pulled her up. "Where are we going?" Sabrina asked as they let go off each other's hands and walked through the woods.

"I know you and Scott aren't talking, but-" "You need to see him, right?" "I don't want to go by myself." Isaac admitted as Sabrina laughed.

Isaac smiled at the sound of her laugh. Truth be told, he could have gone to see Scott by himself but he had noticed how off Sabrina was in school today and wanted to find her and cheer her up himself. And he had done that, as she was laughing in that moment.