Chapter 8: Lunatic

++++++

Stiles was finally happy to have his jeep back. With the chaos that happened at the school, classes had been called off while repairs were being made to the school building. When his dad left for the night, Stiles went to the liquor cabinet and grabbed a good bottle of Jack and called Scott. They needed some serious downtime.

Soon enough, they were pulling up into the edge of the Reserve.

"Where are we going?" Scott asked as they got out of the car. "You'll see." "Cause we really shouldn't be out here. My mom is in a constant state of freak-out from what happened at the school. Plus my twin almost got murdered from the Alpha and is at home resting in bed. I should be next to her incase she needs something.

"Well your mom isn't the sheriff, okay? There's no comparison, trust me. And for the thing about being there for Sabrina, I know how you feel. I should be next to her too." "Can you at least just tell me what we're doing out here?" Scott almost snapped. He hadn't been in the best of moods lately.

"Yes. When you're best friend gets dumped-"  Stiles started. "I didn't get dumped," Scott shot out. "We're taking a break."

Stiles rolled his eyes. Boy was Scott in denial. "Well, when your best friend gets told by his girlfriend that they're taking a break," he then pulled out the bottle. "You get him drunk."

A few minutes and half a bottle later, the two of them relaxed by a fire in the barrel. Scott was sitting on a rock hugging his knees while Stiles laid on the ground watching the night sky. They had a fire in a barrel going to add to the atmosphere.

"Dude, you know, she's just one...one girl. You know, there are so many...There are so many other girls in the sea." "Fish in the sea." Scott corrected Stiles. "Fish? Why are you talking about fish? I'm talking about girls. I love girls. I love them. I love-Especially ones with brunette hair, brown eyes, 5'5, a werewolf-" "Like Sabrina?" Scott guessed.

"Yeah, exactly. Hey, how did you know I was talking about...About...What was I talking about?" Stiles asked before looking up at Scott. "Hey, you're not happy. Take a drink." "I don't want any more."

"You're not drunk?" Stiles asked. "I'm not anything." "Hey, maybe it's like...Maybe it like not needing your inhaler anymore, you know. Maybe you can't get drunk as a wolf. Am I drunk?" "You're wasted." "Yeah! Oh, come on, dude, I know it feels bad. I know it hurts. I know. Well, I don't know. But I know this. I know that as much as being broken up hurts, being alone is way worse. That didn't make any sense. I need a drink." 

Stiles reached for the bottle again when a new hand reached out and grabbed the liquor bottle from where Stiles left it.

"Well," said one of the two new men stumbling on them. "Look at the two bitches getting their drink on."

"Give it back." Scott said to him. "What's that little man?" A guy said losing the smirk he had on a second ago. "I think he wants a drink." said his friend. "I want the bottle." Scott said with a bit of venom added to his voice. 

Stiles got to his feet and started to dust himself off. "Scott, maybe we should just go." They didn't need any more trouble right now.

But Scott wasn't backing down. "You brought me here to get drunk, Stiles. I'm not drunk yet. Give me the bottle." The guy just ignored him and took a drink from it. Scott stepped up to him and flashed his golden eyes at him.

Stiles noticed that Scott's hands were sporting claws. "Give me the bottle of Jack." he demanded with a bit of a growl.

The guy froze in place and Scott went and grabbed the bottle from him. He then hurled it off into a tree where it smashed into pieces. Stiles then went and grabbed Scott and led him away.