So much has happened...

As I got up I looked around; I was in a town, a small town. Where am I? I thought. Am I dreaming? No.  Why am I even here?  I looked to my left and saw a sign stating the strange town I was in. This place has an interesting name, it's called Mander Town. They speak differently and I can't understand them, well most of them, that is. The first person I met spoke English. He was talking to a taller, older girl. I figured that she was his older sister because they looked quite similar. I asked him what his name was. He said that his name was Zane and his sister's name was Lillian.   

He asked me what my name was. I told him my name was Annabeth, then he asked me if I wanted to buy some po balls. "What is a po ball? I've never heard of one." I asked. He told me he would show me. He threw it on the ground and I was amazed. There was a hole or a portal floating above the ground right in front of me. Zane jumped right in and said to come. I stayed there for a minute watching the purple and blue vortex. I wearily and slowly walked into the vortex wondering what would be of me when I jumped in.

I was surrounded by little creature things. They had fox faces, a bunny's body and a raccoon's tail. They were cute but scary,  I jumped back into the portal to be surprised by another dimension. I was in some kind of block world, the blocks were black with a bright blue outline and they made a parkour jumping course. I look around and all I can see is a vast open black space, and the blocks. I turn around to confront the portal again wondering what is on the other side if I go in again.I step into the portal and end up back into the little animal world and they're all staring at me.

I see Zane, and he looks as if he hasn't moved very much. He looks at me with a weary look and then says something, just loud enough for me to hear.

"Be careful. Only look at the creatures, when you look away they get closer and will kill you."

I looked at them and they had gotten closer, very close. Some of them were touching my leg. I walked away slowly, still gazing at the creatures. Zane made another portal and we ran into it. I asked myself if we would be here forever, portal after the next but I really didn't want to know the answer.

I realized that I was in a forest on the ground. Zane was nowhere to be found. I look around and all there is to see are tall white birch trees with their green and healthy leaves. I look back and the portal behind me had turned pink and blue. Then all of the sudden I hear ballerina music. That must be Zane. I run towards it like I needed to find where it was coming from.

Then I bump into something. A girl would be standing there, she was the same age as me. She asks if I'm lost and I say yes, looking embarrassed. She says I look tired and starved. I agree with her and she leads me to her home. I saw a bed and I layed on it. She gives me a cookie and I gulp it down in an instant, then I drifted asleep.

I woke up to the banging of metal and I noticed she was in her kitchen. I peek over the corner and I see a big pot with boiling water. The pot was as big as me. Then I realized she was having Annabeth for breakfast! I gasped and she heard me, her nice smile was replaced with round jagged teeth. At that moment I started running then I heard the music again and I couldn't move. I had an image of Zane in a cage at the ballerinas house and I ran back to save him.

The ballerina was nowhere to be found so I start searching. He wasn't there, so I went out to look for him I heard the music again and I couldn't move I blocked it out and I could move again. If I block out the music then I can move, I made a note of that.

As I ran through the forest trying to find Zane, I heard him saying something, but I couldn't hear what he was saying.

I found Zane, he had fallen in a big hole and was covering his arm with dirt. "That is no way to treat a wound." I said. I started to maneuver my way into the hole. He was yelling at me, saying he didn't need my help, but I ignored him. I tried rubbing the dirt off saying that it was going to get infected, Then I heard this voice coming from his arm.

"Have you killed the girl yet? Do you want to go home?"

He realized he was caught and blurted out, "It's not what you think well it is, but I wasn't going to do it, I promise you I wasn't. No one liked me as a friend except you. I wouldn't kill you, I wouldn't! Please forgive me Annabeth! Please forgive me, don't leave, it's dangerous out there!"

He is asking for forgiveness when he was planning on killing me! Ohh what a friend. I climbed out of the hole and darted off. I didn't care what happened next, I just wanted this to be all over, and that wasn't going to happen.I was still running when a thick branch hits my leg and I was down. It felt like it was broken, but I could tell it wasn't.

I stood up and started limping when I heard a loud thump then another and another. I looked back and  I saw a giant that looked like a tree coming out of the forest, it was looking at me too. I tried to run, but I couldn't go fast and it snatches me up. I try to claw out of its palm, but it doesn't work.I had to think for a moment, of what I could  do so I tried biting it and a warm, sticky green ooze leaks out.

It shrieks and puts me into a weird smelling bag. I look around and see two glass bottles. I take a closer look and there was a frozen child and infant in them. I screamed, and fell backwards. I had to find a way out so I looked around for something to help me. I notice that the stitching on the bag was ripped a little bit,  I tried to rip the bag and after tugging at it for a few, it starts to rip. I rip it even more and I break through. I watched the grass get greener and closer as I plummeted.I fell with a thud. The bottles fell with me and they shattered. One piece of glass had cut my arm. ¨Ouch!¨ The giant tried to reach for me but I grabbed a piece of glass and I stabbed the palm of its hand.

The ooze comes back all sticky and warm it runs down my arm and onto my clothes I drop the glass and start running. Then I ran into a net, the tree giant grabs me and makes another portal and goes into it. Before we entered the portal, I look back to see Zane with wide eyes staring at me, he had a small dagger in his hand.

I was back at the village and a man untangles me from the net. He grabs me by the arm, I try to break free but he is too strong. Then another man ties a rope to a hook and makes a loop. Then I realized that I was going to be hung.

The man holding me directs me to the loop and has me stand on a stool while he puts my head through it. He looks over at another man who nodded his head. He then fastens the loop around my neck. He tells me that he is sorry that I am merely a sacrifice, and he thanks me for that. I start to breath heavily and I am panicking and very confused, the man mutters something under his breath before he pulls the stool out from under me.

My air was going and I could feel myself slowing down,  then everything felt peaceful and I could think. I asked myself if I was going to die like this.

I thought of the good memories with my family and friends, even Zane. He had acted like my friend. Then I asked myself, are my parents even looking for me, why would they leave me here to die all alone?

Then I saw a light and I started towards it. I start walking towards this big gate. Then I heard a slash and I fell to the ground, I open my eyes but I couldn't really see. My air comes back I start to speed up. I got up and looked around, the men had Zane! They grabbed me too. I looked at the noose that was cut on the ground. They said someone had to be sacrificed for the town's savior, whatever that meant. Zane had volunteered himself immediately.

I said No that I would sacrifice myself,  but he said that he would like to die in the portal 4 9 7 8 3. I asked him what that portal was and he said that there is no escape. There is a monster there that kills you automatically when it sees you. I told him no, that I would do it, but it was too late.

They opened the portal and Zane walked away after giving me a hug and saying good bye. He jumped in. I got out of the man's grip, that was holding me. And I jumped in after him I didn't care what was ahead of us now, I have nothing to lose but him, and he was going nowhere without me.

I entered the portal after Zane, and I instantly got sick to my stomach. Then I fell over on the grass clutching my stomach. I looked around to get an idea of what we were up against. The place was a grassland. It looked almost barren, the grass was green and luscious and there were a few oak trees. All of the sudden I got panicky and everything went black.

This may seem bad at first, but it gets way better! Thanks for reading!