I'm afraid..

I heard Zane scream and I ran after the sound. "Zane, Carson?!" I yelled. Then I saw Zane. Carson's sword had penetrated through Zane's chest. I didn't know what to do, when Zane fell over. I grabbed a thick stick, and smacked Carson on the head as hard as I could with the stick. He fell pretty quickly and he better not get up. I run to Zane, and at that time he was on his stomach and the sword was barely sticking out of his back now. I grabbed the handle, and slowly yanked the sword out of his back. He moaned as I pulled it out. I was able to get him onto his back now. I layed next to him and just kept telling him. "It's alright, you're gonna be alright. You are going to make it." Once the first tear broke free, the rest followed in an unbroken stream. I wrapped my arms around Zane, trying not to squeeze him too hard. I began to cry like I've never cried before. Then Zane spoke softly, and I could barely hear him. "The sky, look at the sky Anna." I looked up at the sky and it was a purple color. I was still crying as I spoke. "What.. what about the sky?" He smiled. "It's purple.. In this world you can see it as purple and not blue." I couldn't help but smile, as I remembered that conversation. Zane took a deep breath then groaned. I turned my attention to him. "Zane.. im soo sorry, I didn't mean for this to happen. Just hang in there a little longer, Ok?" I started to get up. "Anna, wait please. Sit with me.. I'm afraid." I looked at him. I couldn't leave him. I sat down next to him, and I brushed his hair out of his face. "Anna, stay with me till the end. I don't want to be alone." I stared at his eyes, unable to turn away. "Zane I don't want to lose you." I was still crying, he reached up and he used his hand to wipe the tears from my cheek. He kept his hand there, so I put my hand over his. I could feel the warmth of his hand as I storked his. "Anna, I have something for you." He moaned again as he reached into his pants pocket. "I was hoping that we could've had.. A life together. But that can't happen, and I want you to get out of here."

He started to cough and even coughed up some blood. He handed me a po ball. I started to cry harder, I grabbed his head and brought him close for one last kiss. I hugged him as he spoke. "I want you to.." He started to gasp for air. "Zane? Zane.." He didn't say anything. I slowly checked his pulse, afraid to do so. "No..." I stared at him, as the realization hit me. Zane was dead. I backed up and just stared at him for a while. He looked so peaceful, his eyes were still open and his mouth was closed. I looked at the po ball in my hand. "I will never forget you.." I got up and wiped the tears from my face. When I looked for Carson, he was gone. I looked all around me but I still didn't see him. Maybe he left when I was next to Zane and I just didn't notice. Carson is now a sworn enemy, and I will take every chance I get to bring him to his knees. I will make him suffer. As I headed back to the hut, I was trying to find the words to explain Zane's death. When I got to the hut my dad was staring at me with wide eyes. "Anna! What happened to you, why are you bleeding?!" He started coming towards me. "I am?" I looked at my shirt and I saw that it was stained with blood. I looked at him as he was right in front of me. "I-It's not mine.." I said as I put my head down staring at the dirt. A tear hit the ground.. then another and another, they didn't stop until my dad grabbed me and held me. I was able to tell him what happened, and he explained it to the other two while I sat by the fire. I stared into the flames as the orange and yellow ribbons danced around without a care in the world. The only thing I wanted to do was rewind my past. I want Zane back, and to be able to take him home with me. We could've had a life together.. A future together. Briar came over and sat herself next to me. I knew she was staring at me, but I stayed on staring at the flames. "I.. I am sorry for your loss. I helped him escape where he was being kept. I'm Briar by the way." She was still staring at me, and I glanced over at her. Then turned to the fire again. "He wanted me to give you this if he didn't come back." She had my full attention now. I looked at her as she handed me a letter, it had my name written on it in cursive.