My dad, overprotective? Pfft!

It was night and I was standing in the spot Carson and I had decided to meet.
I looked around and I saw that there was a lot of trees in this area and it was a pretty spot. The trees had pink flowers blooming, and some had orange leaves. I heard my dad approach behind me. I turned around and saw that he was worried, he was also gripping tightly on the handle of a dagger he found in the hut. I looked at him, "Dad, we will be alright." I still hadn't told him how exactly Carson and I met... He still looked on edge, and he was gripping that handle so tightly, his knuckles were white. "Dad, we will be fine, please stop worrying." It was then that he had let go of his grip and let his hand fall to his side. He looked at me. "When will he be here?" He said while looking around. I started to tell him that I wasn't sure, when I heard something come out of the bush. We both snapped our necks towards the sound. Then I looked over at dad, and he was gripping his dagger again. I looked back to the noise, to see Carson come out of the bushes with a hood covering his face. My dad never took his eyes off Carson. Carson stood right in front of Dad and I. "Hello again Anna, what does your dad think of me?" My dad looked glanced at me, then looked back at Carson. "Well you are making one heck of a first impression." I had to agree with my dad, he came out of the bushes covering his face. I have to admit that it is kinda intimidating. Carson bowed in my dad's direction, then he took his hood off. "There my good sir, does that please thy father?" I looked over at dad then looked back at Carson. "Alright, uhm should we get back to the hut?" I could tell that my dad didn't like Carson, and I didn't funny trust the guy either. Especially because he is an assassin. We all headed back to the camp, my dad stood in between Carson and I. When we finally reached the camp I showed Carson around, and I felt dad's eyes watching my every move. After I showed him around, which only took like three minutes. I laid down by the fire, Carson laid down near me but dad told him to go to the other side. Carson got up and started to go around the fire, my dad grabbed his arm and whispered something to him. Then Carson went to the other side, he laid down and fell asleep. Dad came over and laid next to me, and we all fell asleep. When I woke up, my dad was awake and was staring at Carson. "Dad, you need to stop worrying." He looked over at me. "Good Morning pumpkin, and it's a fatherly instinct." I looked over at Carson, he was actually kinda cute as he slept. I shook my head, relieving myself of the thought. My dad got up and went inside the little hut. I stared into the fire. I thought about Zane. I thought about his green eyes and his childlike face. The innocence in his eyes, and how caring he is. I looked over at Carson, he was starting to get up. He sat up, and looked my direction. "Morning Carson, did you sleep well?" He stared at me for a second, then he realized I was asking him a question. "Oh, well I slept ok, I guess." I nodded to acknowledge I heard him. He got up and came over near me. "I'm going to hunt for something to eat, want anything?" I was hungry, but would my dad let me eat whatever he caught? "Oh, uhm. Sure, get me like a bunny or something." He nodded then disappeared into the bushes again. My dad came out of the hut and looked at me. "If he catches anything, i'm making him take a bite of everything he catches." I figured that dad was eavesdropping. "Wait, were you listening, were you eavesdropping?!" He looked at me and smiled. "Of course!" After a while Carson came back with two rabbits and a chicken. He sat next to me. "Do you want the chicken or the bunny?" I looked at him while he started to skin the animals. "I didn't think you would find chicken, I want the chicken if you don't want it." He crouched by the fire, and went to find a stick to penetrate the chicken. I knew my dad was watching his every move.. I could feel his eyes staring at me, it was a little creepy. I watched Carson as he jabbed the chicken with a stick, then slowly hovered the chicken over the fire. I got up and stood next to dad for a bit. My dad exchanged a glance, then went back to staring at Carson. "Why are you so paranoid dad?" He was rolling a small pebble in his hand. "He is a young boy, and you are a young girl.." I understood his concerns, but I think he is overreacting just a little. "Dad, i'm fine, he is being nice." He sighed then he directed his attention to the trees. "Hey Carson." I said. He glanced at me then at the chicken cooking above the fire. "Yeah" He was blowing his hand as if he burnt himself.. "First off why are you blowing on your hand, did you burn yourself?" He looked at me. "No..maybe." I laughed a little. "Want something for it?" He shook his head, as he sucked on his hand that he had burnt. "Oh yeah second off, why do you keep your hood up?" He didn't even look at me, he just watched the chicken as he slowly turned it on its stick. "I am an assassin, that should answer your question." My dad looked up, I knew he had heard what Carson said. Shit! Now he is going to go bezerk on Carson. "Did you say assassin?" my dad asked. Carson kept his attention to the chicken. "Do I need to repeat myself?" My dad looked at me then at Carson, he looked like he was staring into Carson's soul. Then Carson spoke again. "Are you gonna keep staring at me?" Then my dad looked like he was going beat the shit out of Carson. So I had to interfere. "Hey is the chicken done yet? I am starving! And thanks Carson for making me food so I don't starve." My dad looked at me bewildered. I shouldn't have said the so I don't starve thing. I think dad took that a little more hurtful than I thought; because after I said that he went inside the hut. Carson just stared at the cooking chicken, as if it didn't bother him any. I started to head towards the hut, and I saw dad sitting against the wall, looking at something in his hands. "Dad?" He didn't look up at me, I really hurt him. "Dad, i'm sorry about what I said, I just didn't want you to be harsh on Carson." I said. I tried to see his face, to see if I could analyse what he was feeling. His face was too low that I couldn't see his face good enough. He finally looked up at me, then shoved the thing into his pocket. He beckoned me to come closer. I sat next to him, and he put his arm around my neck. He looked at me again. "Anna, I have to tell you something very important."