I tried..

I started to cry again. As Briar got up she spoke again. "Again, i'm sorry Anna. I wish he were here too." After she left, I laid down by the fire. I cried all night, and in the morning I felt a little better. When I woke up, Briar was sleeping on the other side of the fire pit. I got up, and headed into the hut. My dad and Kael were inside the hut fast asleep. "Dad, wake up. I have a po-ball. We can leave." He groggily got up and wiped his eyes. "Anna? Where did you find that?" He asked. "It doesn't matter, let's go home." I was afraid that if I said his name I would burst into tears. He gathered Briar and Kael and we all stood by the fire pit. When I threw the po-ball onto the ground Kael spoke up. "I can't go, I have to follow the necklace." My dad looked over at him and gave him a hug before he walked off. Before he left, I wanted to say a goodbye. "Be safe, don't get into any trouble... And I wish you luck trying to find your friends." He nodded, then walked away. The rest of us jumped into the portal.

I was right next to my house, I was home. Briar was already walking around my house getting a good look at it. While dad and I instantly headed inside. "Mom we're home! I brought dad back!" I yelled. I stood there looking at the scene in front of me. "Hello Ann, didn't think you would see me again?" Carson was staring at me grinning. I stared at him in horror as he held a gun to my brother's head and the same for my mom. Dad stood In front of me. "Let my family go." My dad spoke angrily. Carson had my brother and mom sitting on the couch tied up. My brother was crying and my mom stared blankly at the wall. Mom was definitely in shock. Carson spoke up again. "If you want to save your family, then you will come with me and sacrifice yourself for my town." He said. I had already lost Zane and I would not stand to lose my family members. "Ok... I will go with you." Right as I said that, my dad threw himself at Carson. I heard the bang of a gun. ¨Dad! NO!¨ I screamed as he collapsed onto the floor. Carson stared at my dad puzzled. "That was.. Unexpected." Carson said as I ran over to my dad. "Dad please, not you too." I held him and looked for any response. There was none. He was killed instantly. I started to cry. Carson kept his attention on me, and I knew he was staring. ¨GO AWAY!¨ I yelled at him, but he just stood there. I stood up and tried to punch him. He grabbed my fist, twisted it then flipped me onto the ground. He got on top of me, and put all of his weight on me. I tried to get up, but he was to heavy. ¨Now, you are going to come with me.. Or else.¨ He hissed. I looked square at him then spat in his face, and he acknowledged my answer. He grabbed something from his pocket. It was a pocket knife. He thrust his arm up, then stabbed me in the stomach. I screamed as loud as I could while trying to get away. The more I moved, the more pain there was. I looked over to where mom and max were. Max was crying and trying to talk but could'nt with the gag in his mouth. Mom was on the floor trying to get untangled from the ropes. The pain wasn't that bad anymore and I knew I was losing a lot of blood. I looked over at dad, he was still and motionless; he was dead. He died to protect me.. So had Zane. I started to cry, not because I was being stabbed. But because Zane and my dad had sacrificed themselves for me, and in the end I was gonna die. In the end.. It wasn't worth it. In the end I had failed them.. I had failed everyone.

The End

I'm sorry if you hate me! XD thank you for reading, and please leave your comments!