Home...

I awoke on my bed, with the po ball in my hand. I knew it was not a dream, because I still had the ball . I wasn't sure wether to be happy that I was home, or sad that Zane was not here with me. I thought that he was going to wish for something, and I would have to stay. But he was really trying to get me home cause that's what I had wanted. I looked around and everything in my room seemed to be right where I left it. I saw that my dresser had some of my little brothers car stickers on it though. I wondered if my family even realised that I was gone. I looked outside, and it was daytime. I started to head downstairs, I saw my brother on the couch watching t.v. and mom was in the kitchen. Dad was most likely at work by now. I came to the bottom step and decided to say something, "Hi guys". My brother Max looked up immediately and yelled "Anna!" He ran right to me and started crying. Mom heard him yell and looked my way. We held eye contact for a little then she looked down, like she was sad that I was back. Then she came over to me, she grabbed me for a big hug. Now they both were crying, I naturally started to cry with them.

When we were done crying, she took Max and I to the couch. We all sat and I asked mom what was going on and why I had gone to that strange place. "Well dear, these people in black suits came to our door while you two were at school." I asked her what they had said to her and dad. She didn't keep eye contact as she spoke. "They wanted a sacrifice, and they only wanted one person....you." I asked her why they needed a sacrifice, and why me. "They said that their village ran on a certain power.." My mom debated how to say the next part. "They need strong hearts, or souls or something. It still doesn't make that much sense." My brother piped in. "Why did we have to give them Anna, I don't understand why you gave them Anna!" My mother sighed before giving an answer. "Sweetie, we didn't want to give her up. They told us that if we didn't give them Anna, that they would kill everyone in our town." I looked at mom and said. "Well, i'm back now. Does that mean that they're going to kill everyone who lives here?" My mom didn't answer. She looked tired and worn out. "Hey Mom, where's Dad?" She darted her eyes at Max then back at me. She grabbed my hand. I wasn't prepared for what she had said next. "When they took you, your father went looking for you. One of the men dropped this ball thing, he used that to leave." I showed her the po ball that Zane had given to me, "one of these?" I asked "Yeah, how did you get one?" "A friend had given it to me. I can use it to get dad back!" My brother looked at me with a big huge grin on his face. "Can I come Anna? Please let me come with you!" My mother looked at both of us. "I'm not letting either of you go, I will find your father and bring him back to us. Do you know how to use it Ann?" I nodded. I didn't want mom to leave. What if they never came back? I couldn't take care of Max all by myself, could I? Mom looked at me again. "I will leave first thing tomorrow." She said. I nodded. That was the only response I had for her. I went to bed and just layed there. I thought about the first time I had met Zane, I thought about the kiss that we had shared. I also thought that if I went, maybe I could get Zane and Dad back. I got out of bed. I grabbed my backpack, and I shoved some clothes in the bag, along with some candy I had saved from halloween. I slowly headed down the steps, hoping I wouldn't wake anyone up. Then quietly opening the door, and headed out to the yard. I remembered Zane saying that whatever I think of, the po ball will take me there. So I thought of my dad. I threw the ball on the ground, and the portal was there. I walked into the portal. I looked at my surroundings. I was in a small hut. I look to my left and there was my dad laying on the floor. "Annabeth?" I looked at him wrapping my arms around him.