TWENTYFIVE|CONTROL

I opened my eyes to the steady stream of light, that encompassed the white silk sheets of his room

The gentle sunshine warmed my face as I rolled over in Kaden's strong arms to face him, taking in his breath taking appearance.

I swore I would never get used to the way that he looked, his godlike attractiveness surprised me every time, and I began to notice things I never had before, like the faint scar that trails across his cheek, following the curves of his prominent cheek bone.

I lift my hand and gently run the pad of my index finger over the contours of his face.

The harsh line of his jaw,
The gentle slope of his cheekbones,
The soft lines of his lips.

Blue.

I flinched away in surprise as his eyes flicked open and he grabbed my hand, bringing it back to his lips and gracing it with a small kiss. A small smile tugged at the corners of his lips.

His eyes stared intently into mine, no words spoken to communicate his feeling.

It was all in his eyes.

The loss.
The love.
The lust.

"Beautiful." He mumbled against my fingers,
The sunlight shining on his eyes in such a way that illuminated the ever vibrant blue, and subconsciously highlighted the slight golden flecks that were scattered throughout his iris.

"Beautiful." I whispered back, snuggling closer to his irresistible warmth.
The warmth and affection that my wolf so desperately craved, and secretly I did too.

That held her every thought and intention,
The basic instincts that ran deep within who she was and what she stood for.

'Mine' She growled under her breath.
She loved Kaden.
Completely and unconditionally.

I loved Kaden.
My protector.
My mate.

I felt the sudden urge to shower, as I sat in in the bed clutching the silken sheets close to my chest.
I was wearing nothing but one of Kaden's t-shirts that was extremely large on me and went down to just above my mid thigh, and a pair of underwear that Lumen had bought me that time we went shopping.

"What are you doing." Kaden asked tiredly, sitting up next to me and rubbing his eyes before stretching.
As he did the sheets fell away, revealing his bare chest.

The muscles rippling in indescribably irresistible ways as he stretched out, ridding him self of the last traces of sleep.
It took a serious amount of restraint to pry my eyes away from his muscled chest before he glanced back in my direction,

"I'm going to take a shower." I stated, rising from the bed and increasing my speed of walking towards the bathroom when I heard one of Kaden's deep approving growls, probably directed at what I was wearing...
Or lack there of.

It shut the door and briskly locked it, much to my wolfs protests.
She would love to have Kaden walk in on us in the shower and she filled my head with the images of the possible outcomes.

Bad wolf. I scolded, blocking her from my mind. The scent of my arousal seeping under the bathroom door and into Kaden's room was the last thing I needed right now.

I took a brief shower, lathering my hair with a shampoo that smelled of Kaden's natural, Woodsy scent.

Stepping out of the shower I wrapped one of Kaden's large soft towels around my naked body, before realising... I didn't bring any clothes with me to change into...

I left them all in my room...
I would have to face Kaden wearing nothing but a towel...

'You don't need a towel, just walk out naked and show him what you've got.' My wolf smirked.

'Yeah because that would end brilliantly, wouldn't it.' I spat sarcastically.

'Worth a try.'

'No thanks, I think I'll pass...'

Opening the door I stepped out of the humidity of the bathroom and into Kaden's room.

Kaden was laying on his side on the bed, facing away from me.

"Umm Kaden, I didn't bring any clothes with me..."

He turned around and his eyes landed on my barely covered form, I had to bite back a moan as he raked his eyes up and down my body, clouding with the familiar darkness of lust.

"I'll get you something."
He said, but his voice was dangerously low, and he sounded like he was fighting his wolf for control.

"Thank you" I mumbled, as he proceeded to get out from his bed and search his dresser for clothes, as I just stood there awkwardly.

He was wearing nothing but a pair of grey joggers that hung dangerously low on his hips,

This was my mate.

I had someone like him as my mate.

Someone kind,
Someone caring,
Someone compassionate.

Not like the monster...

His muscled chest and six packed abdomen had me absentmindedly licking my lips, my wolf begging me to advance on our mate,
To make him ours.

He paused for a minute, gripping onto the hard wood of the dresser and closing his eyes, breathing heavily.

"Arden. Stop, or I won't be able to control myself..."

I hadn't realised that the not-so-subtle scent of my arousal was rather prominent in the room.

"Sorry," I whispered, the heat of embarrassment flushing my cheeks red.

"Don't be, I want nothing more than to take you, right here, right now..."

"Then why don't you?"

***
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
~🍟