32|Never

Soft lips placed butterfly kisses against the warmth of my skin, I hummed in approval as I turned to face my mate

"Good morning." He grinned, nuzzling his head deep in my hair, drinking in my scent.

"Morning." I smiled, my eyes crinkled from sleep, as a rectangle beam of sun spilt down upon us, casting it's gentle light that kissed my skin, warming me slightly.

My heat was gone, the pain replaced with a dull ache between my legs, but a pleasant one at that.

"I love you." He murmured, his lips brushing against my shoulder as he spoke.

"I love you too." I said, pulling him in for a slow kiss, one that had our hands wondering for more, before we both pulled away.

"Your scent has changed, you smell like me." He smiled in approval, and it was true, once mates complete the mating process their scents mix, warding off unwanted attention from others.

I was his.
And he was mine.

The sun caught Kaden's eyes, making the vibrant blue orbs sparkle, his angular cheekbones and dimpled smile, I would never get used to, shocking me with his superior beauty every time.

"You don't regret last night?" He asked, biting his lip nervously.

"Never." I smiled, "Do you?"

"Never." He echoed, pulling me in for another kiss.

We lay in bed for a few for minutes, just embracing each other before we pulled apart, Kaden rising to stand from the bed to get dressed, his body still blissfully bare from last nights... activities.

I had to contain myself by chewing on my lower lip as my eyes rolled over his godlike physique, muscles pulled tightly like strong wires, he was unbreakable.

I clutched the silken cover close to my chest when Kaden returned, wearing only a pair of jeans, riding sinfully low on his hips. I watched as he pulled a plain grey shirt over his head, my eyes glued to the way his muscled flexed, and as the last hints of abdomen were blocked from my view by the material.

"Are you going to get dressed?"
My eyes rose up to meet Kaden's, his head cocked slightly and a smirk on his face, he obviously knew I had watched him get dressed.

"Yeah." I mumbled quietly, as I rose from the bed, clutching the covers tightly around me, only for my path to be blocked by Kaden's large form.

"You don't have to hide Arden, you're perfect."
He whispered, gently pulling away the covers that sheltered my body from brow until I stood there before him, bare and without guard.

No walls to hide behind, he had knocked them all down, all that was left behind was the clouded dust and shrouded memories of those days from which I hid.

"Beautiful." Kaden said, placing a finger under my chin, and tilting my head up, my eyes passing down from his brilliant blue eyes to his tender lips, bringing mine to his once again, but this kiss was different from all the others, there wasn't the desperate hunger for our lustful desires.

This kiss was slow and meaning full, the only purpose to show our unconditional love for each other, our souls already bound together as one.

***

The slow moving tide, its rippling blue swallowing the sand in its wake, before retreating back, glistening under the heat of the sun.

Kaden and I had decided to spend the day away from the prying eyes of the pack, no doubt they would soon notice the change in our scents, and rumours would spread fast about our completion of the mating bond.

So here we sat, on the outskirts of Grey Winter pack territory, on the white sand of the beach just watching the tide as it swept along the shore.

Nothing but a gentle breeze to spare us from the sweltering heat, as the sun bore mercilessly down upon us.

"Right, that's it." Kaden said, standing from his place in the sand,

"What?" I questioned sheltering my eyes from the sun with my hand,

"It's too hot, we're going in the water." He grinned mischievously.

I raised an eyebrow at him suspiciously, but I didn't even have time to open my mouth as Kaden picked me up and threw me over his shoulder, leaving me dangling like some kind of fish.

"Kaden let me down!" I screeched, banging my fists uselessly against his muscled back as he ran towards the water, feet scorched by the sand.

"Nope." He sang, popping the p.

"Kaden don't you dare-" I screamed, but I was cut off as he launched me into the water, my words lost below the surface of the sea.

I gasped loudly as I resurfaced, my feet steadying against the ocean floor below me, my head just above the water as I rapidly gulped down the fresh air.

Kaden's loud laugh could be heard as he swam towards me,

"That was not funny!" I scowled, as I pulled myself onto him, my legs wrapping around his hips securely.

"It kind of was..." He chuckled placing a chaste kiss against my cheek.

"Shut up." I snapped, but my frown soon gave way to a large smile.

***
Thought this chapter was kinda cute💗
Make sure to tell me what you thought,
The chapters will start to get longer now,
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟