35|Blood brothers

"Xavier!" Arden screamed, running forth and wrapping her arms around her brother

My wolf was pacing in my head, he was on edge at the thought of another male touching what was ours, however I had told him to control himself as this was our mate's brother.

Hades stood stiffly behind Xavier, looking like he didn't exactly know what to do in this situation, his hard eyes studying the marble pillars of the foyer.

"Welcome." I greeted, sending the Alphas' a curt nod, a sign of respect, as Arden pulled away from Xavier and regained her stance next to me, my arm possessively around her waist.

"Shall we adjourn to the study?" I suggested, "Arden, Lumen said she needs your help with something."

"Okay." She chirped, pecking my lightly on the lips before disappearing off into the maze of hallways,

The other Alphas followed silently as I led them to the study, closing the door behind us.

"Let's begin, so any updates?" I asked, looking between the two of them.

Xavier growled lowly, "He came through my pack last Thursday, searching for his mate."

"Fuck." I grunted,

He was close...
To close.

Elijah was slowly closing in on my pack, searching for his mate when she obviously wasn't here, he have had no new members, except for Arden.

But she was mine, so she couldn't possible be his mate.
I did tell him that his mate defiantly wasn't here, but he insisted.

He was desperate to get her back, though I couldn't exactly blame him for that, if I lost Arden... I dread to think of what would happen, I would not rest until I found her, no matter what it would take.

But I would not be foolish like my brother, I would give her no reason to leave, treat her right, show her exactly how much she is loved.
Elijah was naive if he believed that his mate ran away for no reason,
True mates would never deliberately leave each other.

The bond was too strong.

Especially an Alpha bond, and Elijah was descendant from Alpha blood, after all, the Grey Winter Alpha title was originally planned to be handed down to Elijah, as he was the oldest.

But the week before his acceptance as the title of Alpha, I challenged him to a fight for the role.

-And I won, after all, the pack needed the strongest Alpha.

And although Elijah was the oldest, I was the strongest.

"So what are we going to do?" Hades asked, leaning back casually in his seat as he regarded me.

"Well, if our packs's alliances still stand, i would like to request your help, to make sure Elijah doesn't try anything, with him being in his current unstable mental state." I said, and both the Alphas' nodded their heads in unison.

"Our alliances still stand strong." Hades said, cracking his knuckles.

"I think it would be best to keep up a constant guard for Elijah, he is no fool... He will not come alone." Xavier stated, his eyes glowing black with his wolfs frustration.

"I will double the patrols, and have them running a constant route around the pack-grounds on the lookout for my brother."

"And when he comes? Because you know he will." Xavier asked,

"I let him in, but heavily supervised."

I said, and both the Alphas' looked at me as though I were a madman.

"Then what's the point of having patrols in the first place if you're just going to let him in anyways?"

Xavier asked, his brow creasing in confusion.

Xavier was one of the youngest Alphas, still clinging onto the last traces of childhood naivety. Don't get me wrong, he was smart. But he didn't quite think of ulterior motives, he liked to live in the moment.

Here and now.

"Because," Hades drawled, "He wants to know when he arrives, so Elijah can't just show up and do whatever the fuck he wants."

"No need to be like that," Xavier frowned,

"Sorry," Hades apologized, dragging his palm down his face, "It's my mate, she's been stressing me out a lot lately with her crazy antics."

"Amelia?" I questioned, i had heard that Hades' had found his mate and that she was quite the handful, rumor has it his pack doctor rescued her from a insane asylum.

"Yeah, I fucked up badly, and I think I've ruined everything between us..." Hades looked physically pained at his confession, we had known each other since we were pups and Hades had always been the stern and reserved one, but now... he just looked defeated.

The mate bond is powerful, So powerful that it is the only thing that can break even the toughest of Alphas.

"It's only ruined if you give up hope..." I muttered, remembering how I could have given up on Arden the first time we met, at the Grey Winter cliffs, then I would have never have been able to hold her in my arms, feel her plush lips against mine, her perfect body against mine.

"Anyways, we got off topic." Xavier chuckled slightly, "Back to Elijah, your brother."

"That man is not my brother, we are brothers by blood, and blood alone. I want no other ties with him."

"Well anyways, what if when he does arrive, he isn't alone? What do we do then?" Xavier asked, shooting a glance at Hades, who's vision was currently inspecting a small glass gram that sat on my desk, a picture of Arden inside.

I had to think for a minute before coming up with an answer to Xavier's question,

"If he isn't alone... We kill him."

***
Woop woop Kaden's POV!
You don't have to read my other book AMELIA, but it would help you understand Hades' foibles with his mate a lot more as the books both progress.
Also in werewolf books I hate it when it's always the main Alpha in the story that is ' the strongest' n shit, that's why in my books, especially ARDEN and AMELIA all of the Alphas are equal and they have to work together and cooperate to defeat common enemies. Also sorry for any spelling/ grammar mistakes on this chapter as I wrote it on my laptop, (I usually write in my iPhone.)
anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟