37|Blue

A sickly smile spread his features wide, the violent nature of his sharp teeth displayed

"What's the matter?" He asked, tilting his head mockingly, his smile growing wider, "Cat got your tongue?"

"Please..." I begged backing up until my back thudded against the stone wall, my palms sweating profusely and my body pounding with the need to run.

If only I could run.

Far, far away from this place.
-Away from him.

"Please, what?" He taunted, edging ever nearer, his sickening smile still in place and his eyes burning blue with emotions.

Blue.
Distantly familiar somehow...

"Please, not again," I sobbed, sliding down the wall, until I was met with the cold hard ground underneath me, bringing my knees up to my chest in a hope of providing myself with some kind of comfort or warmth.

"But you enjoy it, do you not?" He frowned, deep lines creasing his forehead, as he took another step closer, causing me to instinctively Blanche back further against the wall.

"No!" I shrieked, staring the monster strait in the eyes, sheltering the grief that threatened to surface beneath a broken facade.

"But I make you scream?"

The sick bastard seemed genuinely confused, as he crouched down before me, his face level with mine and merely inches away.

"I scream for you to stop!" I cried, burying my head in my arms, sheltering my red-rimmed eyes from his view, it gave him enjoyment to watch me cry.

-He had told me so many times, so I wouldn't give him the tiniest thread of pleasure of watching my misery, that he caused, play out in front of him.

"Same thing," He smirked, sliding his callused hand up my thigh and toward the apex between my legs.

"Stop!" I sobbed, attempting to slap his hand away, but instead he grabbed both my hands, holding both my malnourished wrists in his large, hands.

"Scream for me, Arden."

***

I jolted awake, sitting bolt upright in the bed, the air thick with a woman's guttural screams.

The sound of a person, stripped of all normalcy, nothing but an animal left behind, forever bearing the unfading scars of the past.

The screams continued, loud and piercing, and I was vaguely aware of more voices around me, but the screaming was too loud, blocking out all other sounds, filling the air with its bitter energy.

My body pulsed with electricity, and I tried to block out the screams my pressing my hands firmly to my ears, but the screaming continued, it seemed to be inside of my own head.

"Arden, what's wrong?"

Hands, people touching me.
Not again.

I thought I escaped.
I should have escaped.

I flung myself off the bed, bolting into the bathroom, desperate to escape all the noise.

I threw myself over the toilet just in time as I emptied the contents of my stomach into it, only then did the screaming stop.

Silence.

"Arden."

I looked up towards the voice, and was met with My mate, traces of sorrow and worry creating fine lines on his face.

I could feel the beads of sweat that ran down my forehead, sticking stray hairs to my face, as I struggled to normalize my breathing, talking in deep gulps of air.

"Nightmare," I gasped out, my violent breaths shaking my whole body.

"It's okay, you're here." He whispered, picking me up in his arms and holding me so close to his chest, that I could hear the rhythmic pounding of his heart, "I'm here."

"It was so real," I sobbed, fisting Kaden's shirt in my hands, his cool breaths on the back of my neck as he trailed butterfly kisses down my throat.

"But it wasn't." Kaden rationalised, placing a finger under my chin and forcing me to look him in the eye.

Blue.
-Like the monster.

The realization has me shooting backwards, out of my mate's grasp.

"What's wrong?" Kaden frowned, the hurt expression on his face killing something deep inside me, I made him sad... I hurt him.

"You have his eyes..."

***

Sorry this chapter is a lot shorter than normal, but it made more sense to end it here, also I wrote this chapter on my laptop so sorry for any mistakes!
the next chapter should hopefully be normal length.
I was looking at the stats for ARDEN, and its amazing, all the support and love from you guys.
I also saw the graph that shows the people that read and what countries they live in, and i think its amazing how widespread you all are!

anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟