40|Glass

Pregnant

Pregnant.

My hands idly moved to straddle my stomach, I had found myself doing this a lot recently.

I'm pregnant.

I never thought I would live to have children, yet alone be able to have them. I always thought the monster would take my life once he was done using me as his play toy, or that the only child I would ever have would be once conceived through rape.

I have the Alpha's child growing inside of me.

All life is precious, especially the little life growing inside of me now, Kaden's baby.
-Our baby.

Together, we created a life, a living, breathing human being.

I head the words the doctor spoke, but they still seamed surreal, even hours later as I sat on the bed debating if this was a dream of reality.
I wasn't sure how to feel, I was thrilled that together my mate and I had created a little life, but I was also scared.

Scared that I was responsible for a life.
Scared that my child might end up like me, taken from its parents and used for someone else's sick desires.
Scared that I wasn't ready to be a mother.
But I was even more scared that I wouldn't be a good mother...

No doubt Kaden would be a brilliant father, he was kind, loving and patient, all the things I wanted to be.

I smiled down at my stomach, remembering Kaden's reaction to my pregnancy. Ecstatic, that was the only word to describe it, pure ecstasy.

He was currently in the shower, the only time he had left my side since we found out, I inwardly chuckled, remembering the way he pranced and jumped around the room, his face adorned with an ear to ear grin at the doctors announcement.

I think Kaden was more exited than I was.
- after all I don't trust myself looking after another living being.

"Arden, can you come here for a moment." Kaden sang through the open bathroom door.

"You better not be naked," I laughed, rising from the bed, though secretly I wished he was, that should be a rule. People like him should not be able to wear clothes...ever.

Sadly, he stood fully clothed, his hair still dripping wet, making it look darker than it actually was. Even with clothes on he still looked amazing, though not as amazing as when he-

He grinned at me pulling me out of my lustful thoughts by wrapping his strong arms around me from behind and nuzzling his face into my neck, as his hands slit down my waist to cover my flat stomach the same way I had.