28|Mortem

I shifted comfortably, entangling my legs further into the silken sheets, the freshly cast sun warming my face

I felt Kaden subconsciously nuzzle his head deeper into the crook of my neck, he was still fast asleep, the gentle morning breeze flowing through the large open window, an orange hue from the morning light cast over us.

It was nice, mornings waking up next to Kaden.

All of a sudden the door flew open and Lumen burst in, the sleeping male beside me awoke instantly, his body lept into action to shield my body with his from possible predators before his mind could even begin to comprehend what he was doing.

"Wake up! We have places to go and people to see!" She sang, her loud voice resonating harshly from the bedroom walls.

Kaden groaned loudly and rolled off me when he realized that it was only his sister coming for an early morning wake up call, "No." He snapped, snuggling back up behind me and wrapping his arms around me possessively.

I giggled slightly at his possessive manner, it was nice to have someone that cared. Lumen huffed loudly in frustration, her hands distractedly behind her back in a lame attempt to conceal what she was holding just out of sight.

"Get up or I'll pour water on you!" It was only then I noticed that the large object she had concealed was a jug, probably filled with ice cold water as promised.

My eyes widened as I tried to pry myself from Kaden's sleepy grasp, only to have him tighten his hold around my waist and pull me closer to his warm chest, which wouldn't be so warm in a minute when Lumen chose to soak us with freezing water.

I opened my mouth to protest, but Lumen lept forwards, jug in hand with an evil grin on her face, spilling the freezing contents all over me and my-now wide awake mate.

"What the fuck!" Kaden yelled scrambling out of bed, whilst Lumen just stood there creasing with laughter.

"Lumen!"

"Sorry" She said wiping away a fake tear, "I couldn't help it."

***

"So how far away does this Oracle live then?" I questioned as we walked across the vast pack grounds,

"Just over that hill." Lumen replied, pointing in the distance.

The wall took about fifteen minutes but we finally made it to the Oracles residence, which was a small wooden cabin by the fringe of the thick woods.